Do you enjoy driving?

@Lore2009 (7389)
I have a fear of driving. I also don't understand how so many people use it and get killed from it. But I think it is an incredible invention and it is very convenient as a transportation. What are your views about driving? Can you live without driving?
@syankee525 (6298)
i love to drive, i used to be a tractor tailor driver and i couldn't go without driving since our public transportion sux here. people die from driving from being stuipd, such as drinking and driving. i think of myself as a good driver. but i wouldnt fear it if i was you, like anything we fear face it head on ok bad one. just need to work at it
@sammy009 (259)
HI. I use to like driving when I was younger, as I got older, the less I drove. I think alot had to do with all the accidents I hear about, that put a fear in me. I would not give up driving, I stay in my area. I get nervous when I get in heavy traffic.
@savypat (20248)
When you live on the West coast it's very hard to do without a car unless you are in a major city. I live in the country so i am 7 miles from the nearest store and 20 from major shopping. We drive about 500 miles per month.
Heck no, I don't enjoy driving. People are so pushy and I'm always afraid that I'll get into an accident. I take the bus whenever I can.
@loveyevi (513)
I was absolutely terrified of driving, until I actually started driving, now I cant get enough. I traveled 2000 miles between parents, semi-annualy when I was younger by car so spent a lot of time in the car. When I actually started driving I found I loved it. I can go 600 miles from where I live now to my family and want to drive more. I can't get enough. Although I mostly love to drive on the highway I also like driving on streets. I like having to pay diligent attention to what is going on around me. I cannot drive very well long distance without music playing though. As long as I have my music I can go forever and just sing along and sometimes even dance to the music when driving. And have never been in accident or gotten any kind of ticket, so I consider myself a pretty good driver.
@spalladino (17927)
I love to drive and also ride motorcycles. My husband told me, with regards to bikes, that you have to have a healthy fear and respect for your bike if you're going to be safe on the road. The same is true for automobiles. If you respect your vehicle...and others on the road...you are less likely to be involved in an accident. If I couldn't drive I would be very unhappy because I have too many places to go and there is no such thing as public transportation around here.