Do you put tomato sauce in your

@ersmommy1 (12600)
chili? Some do,some don't. I put in diced tomatoes, usually. I don't have any today. And my sis in law is here. She is throwing together a concoction. It smells wonderful.Her cooking always is terrific. Bad for the waistline, but YUMMY
@Modestah (11192)
I put in something tomatoe - whatever I have on hand which is usually diced tomatoes and maybe some spaghetti sauce and tomatoe paste. I made chili last night and for the base I used a can of v8 type juice. I also added a can of tomato sauce and a can of paste, I had about a cup of spaghetti sauce left over from pizza making that I threw in. I used two pounds of lean ground beef and about a pound of kidney beans I had soaked the night before. Seasoned with cilantro, onion dices, celery dices, garlic chopped, chili powder and ground cayenne powder. I think that is it. It was very good! we served with frito chips shredded cheese and sour cream. sometimes I will serve with cornbread instead and put corn in the cornbread for extra moisture and pizzazz
@Modestah (11192)
oh and diced up green bell peppers
We, in my house, make all different kinds of Chilli. Just using whatever is around at the moment. Once we used pizza sauce.
@katsmeow1213 (29029)
I also used diced tomatoes. I get the cans of diced tomatoes that already have chili flavoring in them. Last time though I accidentally got italian flavored tomatoes, so I just had to add some cumin and it still turned out fine.
@stephcjh (32328)
I put some tomato sauce in my chili all of the time. I also add diced tomatoes every now and then also. I also add some onion to it. My cooking is pretty good also but bad for our waistline too LOL.
@tbmorris1 (158)
This reminded me that my husband has been wanting me to make my crock-pot chili! I am going to have to get the crock-pot recipe book out! To answer your question-yes!! I do add tomato sauce. I also love little chunks of tomatoes too, so I was thinking of adding that to the next batch of chili just because I like it so much! Hey, I say allow yourself a little splurge every once in a while as long as you know you can get back on track the next day! Hope you enjoyed the food!!
@lilybug (21148)
I usually use tomato sauce and diced tomatoes in mine. I like it to have a little bit of sauce to it, but not runny at all. Chili sounds pretty good. I have not made it in a few months.
@Galena (9123)
when I make chilli, I use a tin of tomatoes, to bulk out the sauce. I don't use any puree, sauce, or fresh tomatoes, just a tin, so that has chopped tomatoes, and sauce.
@mtdewgurl74 (18120)
Yes that is how I make my chili on most occasions. A large can of tomato juice is just to much and so I buy the tomato sauce and use diced tomatoes and kidney beans as well. Makes me and hubby enough for two meals.