Raw carrots vs roasted carrots?

@bamakelly (5194)
I am not a big fan of raw carrots at all and I do understand the nutritional value of them. Fortunately my little son likes the baby carrots with some ranch dressing on the side. My all time favorite when it comes to making carrots is just simply to make them in some kind of slow cooking recipe with a pot roast or something. What would be your preference over all? Raw carrots or the roasted ones?
i prefer to eat raw carrot..! ceating raw carrot is good for health,it is beneficial to our eye sight..people with eyesight problems can eat carrot, it increases the strength of sight. apart from eating it raw, in india they make a beautifull sweet dish of carrot called carrot halwa.. i love to eat it also..! i like carrot in these 2 forms thank u.. hav a nice day.
@bamakelly (5194)
Thanks for replying to my discussion today. I never really enjoy the raw carrots and so I was interested to see what everyone else's tastes were on the matter. I have never heard of halwa but it sounds interesting. I do agree that carrots are good for the eyes and healthy to eat.
@kezabelle (2985)
I really dislike roasted carrots I dont like any veg roasted unless its a potatoe or a parsnip (which is the ONLY way to eat a parsnip in my opinion!!) I love raw carrot and so do both my girls when i cook them they are always stood right there waiting for me to pass them some peeled carrot!
@bamakelly (5194)
Thanks for your response kezabelle. I don't know why but I never cared for the crunchy raw carrots. It just seems that they bring a better flavor to me after being roasted. I do like potatoes as you have mentioned. Potatoes are very good roasted that's for sure. Well it is good and healthy to eat carrots and it is good that the kids eat them.
@lilybug (21148)
I like them both ways, but I like them roasted better. They are sweeter and they pick up the flavor from the meat that is cooked along with them. I have to have my carrots with dip if I am eating them raw.
@ersmommy1 (12600)
Like your son my daughter prefers hers raw with ranch. My son is not yet 7 weeks old. No telling how he will like his. For myself, I'd say raw. Usually shredded in a salad is nice.
I like carrots either way. I also enjoy them grated as a salad. I also like to throw grated carrots in soups. It seems a long time since I had a good roast with carrots, like Mom used to make.
@djoyce71 (2512)
I'm not a big fan either of eating raw carrots, but my friends say it's good for the health. They make carrot juices and they even eat them in sticks. I love carrots when it is blanched together with cauliflower, corn kernels and asaparagus seasoned with a pinch of salt and with a little oyster sauce.