Do you read in the bed and fall asleep?

Malaysia
I do always whenever I was reading on my bed I ended up falling asleep!! So, I would prefer to read at my desk. Does it happen to you as well?
Most nights after my children go to bed I will lie in bed have my laptop on the table next to my bed. And I'll start adding with friends or typing on mylot. I find that I can be on that for hours and hours and hours but as soon as I pick up a book I read do is read pages and I can't get my eyes stay open. I don't know what it is about books that make you sleeping.
@regal_aeros (2606)
i don't just plonck down and sleep. but my eyes do get drowsy very easily and in a few short moments, my eyes would feel heavy.
I used to read in bed all the time, and fall asleep. For a couple of years, the only way I could go to sleep was by reading, which usually meant I had to re-read the last few pages several times to catch up. lol. Those were the days when it was just me. I didn't have to worry about the demands of a husband or children, and an all night reading session was allowed. Ah yes, the things I have given up in the name of love and motherhood. I can't wait until my children are able to read books to me. Then reading will become really fun with them, and i can share some of the bigger books from my childhood with them. Of course, might do this on the couch to prevent us all from going to sleep! lol
yeah,i fall asleep most often especially if im studying for an exam the next day..but if the book im reading is interesting enough for me even if i would take a sleeping pill that wouldnt hinder me from reading it..
@josephb (219)
• Malta
well yes but usually I wake up after a bit and take the book out of my hands and put it back to its place.
@makingpots (11922)
Yes, it happens to me everytime. I just can't read laying down or I will definitely fall asleep. I like to read in bed sometimes but when I do I have to be sitting straight up and I need the light to be shining brightly on my book. I even discovered recently that I will fall asleep if laying down while reading on a beach. I thought that I wouldn't since I was in public with the sun shining full in my face... but I did.
@lilybug (21148)
I don't fall asleep in bed reading. I will sometimes stay up half the night reading in bed, but I always mark my page, put the book down and turn off the light before I fall asleep.
@caver1 (1765)
I usually don't read in bed, prefering the couch as my reading spot. But I don't read until I fall asleep, I always put my book away first.
@cher913 (25890)
i do, but i when my eyes start closing, i close my book and take off my glasses before going to sleep. i dont like sleeping with my glases on and i am always worried that they will get bent.