Who was your favourite Beatle and why?

Growing up, my favourite Beatle was Paul. He struck me as the most talented and level-headed of the whole bunch. He was good-looking, happily married, could play a number of instruments, and back in the 70s, was cranking out hits left and right as a member of Wings. He was also very versatile. He could do a song like, "Another Day," or "Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey, and then turn around and experiment with disco ("Silly Love Songs") or R&B such as "Let 'Em In." Then he may launch into a campfire song, such as "Bluebird." Or do a nursery rhyme, like, "Hey, Jude." What a talent. Never to be seen again.
Cliche as it is, John. Lennon contributed so much to the world, beyond just his music and if he hadn't been killed, would have contributed so much more. Even if it was only for a month, I am among the few of my generation to have been alive in the same world as he was. Interesting choice of words, "nursery rhyme." I suppose that's one way of looking at it since it was an attempt to console Julian Lennon after his parents' divorce.
I'm a little older than you. I can remember when the "British Invasion" first came to the states. But I'm with you. Lenon was my favorite too. I love his song "Imagine." He was a brilliant songwriter, great performer and a dedicated activist. I didn't always agree with him but he was one of those people that can really make you think. These are a few of my favorite quotes from him.... "Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. " "Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." "Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted." "There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afraid, we pull back from life. When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance. We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections. If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others or our potential to create. Evolution and all hopes for a better world rest in the fearlessness and open-hearted vision of people who embrace life."