Buy a robot?

@snowcat46 (2323)
If you had the chance to buy a robot that would do all your dusting and vacuuming, would you consider buying it? Would you run and grab one? I would surely consider it!! I loathe vacuuming and dusting. You're never done! No matter how long you do it. By the time you finish the house, there's dust again in the first room!!
@ElicBxn (60884)
and change the cat boxes if I could afford it, YES!
• Omagh, Northern Ireland
please look on youtube under the heading roomba cat..there's many videos uploaded of cats riding around on one of these things!
@ElicBxn (60884)
knowing my cats, Rygel would be sitting on its head
@snowcat46 (2323)
My silly dog would!
@ANTIQUELADY (36489)
no, i wouldn't. i like to do my own cleaning. besides if i had a robot to do it i wouldn't have anything to do. lol
@snowcat46 (2323)
Oh, but think of the all the other things you could do! For me, that would mean practicing my cooking! (The earlier I start, the quicker the dogs can clean up my failed experiments.) I knew there was a reason for having dogs! And you know how much I need to practice... Oh boy, do you know! Sigh.
• Omagh, Northern Ireland
Personally,I like the idea of one of these things chasing dust bunnies from under the bed!
@ANTIQUELADY (36489)
chasing dust bunnies would be good because i can't get down to get them. y'all may change my mind. lol
@ShepherdSpy (8562)
• Omagh, Northern Ireland
I was coming in to start a discussion on this subject,saw Yours already here and decided to respond to Yours instead! I think I'd like to get one of these machines for my place,and took a look on Amazon/ebay to see what was available...there are some quite expensive models available,and some very cheap ones,and not much user comment available on any of them to help me decide which would be best for my needs! I don't think I'd need an unnecesarily complex one,as I have wood flooring or tile everywhere and the house is all on one level,so there's no need for stair avoidance technology or clever carpet selection..I just need to know about how reliable the thing is and how long the battery life will go for..the idea of some of them being able to work on a timer,do the job and return automatically to recharge is good,but I could be happy with a machine I could simply turn on as I was leaving the house,and return to a Job done.. Anybody got one of these machines?
@snowcat46 (2323)
Is this a case of great minds thinking alike? lol I can't believe they have these available. Nor that they could do a decent job. Vacuuming, ok. I can see having sensors and being able to move around things. Dusting? No way. How could something on the floor be able to dust shelves close to the ceiling? Besides, I'd be afraid of it getting stuck on something or having something get stuck in the sucking part. I'd have to be home to watch it. I wouldn't trust it. We've burnt up quite a few vacuum cleaners cleaning up dog hair from the carpet. It takes constant cleaning to stay ahead of the furballs! I wish I had one I could trust!! But I'm suspicious of new things. I prefer waiting till other people have tried them out, and hear what they have to say. I've saved myself a lot of headaches with that approach. Not to mention money!
• Omagh, Northern Ireland
I think the technology has been around a few years now,with a few reputable manufacturers getting involved and releasing some of these machines on the market..those would be the more expensive ones available..then there are the cheaper (knock off copies?) with no information or technical info and the bad reviews on Amazon..look for "Vacuum robot"..I quite like the look of the roomba rover,I think it's called..a more basic machine,designed as a shopvac type,but the reviews look good..I like the price in USD,but not so much once it's imported to the UK!
• Omagh, Northern Ireland
I was looking on Ebay also for some of these machines..there's a German made one that seems to tick the boxes of the more expensive machines with many if not all of similar features... and I recently received an email from Ebay offering me a 10% discount on a purchase..and some of my paypal moneymakers are about due for a payout! I just might take the plunge here..Just hope the cat doesn't mind his space under the bed being invaded Thanks for best Response!
@messageme (2821)
I would love a robot that would do that for me! Hope it picks up everything off the floors to and you could program it so it knows where everything goes. I don't think I could afford the price of something like that! Most likely it would be very high priced. But it would definitely come in handy.
@snowcat46 (2323)
It is definitely what dreams are made of, isn't it?
@suzzy3 (8362)
What a daft question of course I would be the first one in the shop.Any thing to save all that oven cleaning and window cleaning ,scrubbing the bathroom floor.picking up the dirty washing and hanging the laundry on the line.While I lay in the bubble bath ,listening to music then going out to lunch or having my hair done.
@snowcat46 (2323)
Ha! This one has the right idea!! Way to go!