World's oldest person (115) has died

@UK_Shree (3604)
Hi everyone, I just came across this story on the internet and wondered if you were aware of it (please note that the event happened around 2 weeks ago): "Portugese Maria de Jesus died Tuesday, at 115 years and 114 days old. The vegetarian, non-smoking, teetotal farmer had only visited a hospital once in her life, outliving her husband by 57 years, and two of her five children. The cause of her death is either unknown or has not yet been released" I just think it's amazing that she lived that long. But part of me feels really sad that she outlived her husband by so many years, and even two of her own children. My question to you all is, would it be worth living that long if you didn't have the people you loved by your side? I for one know that if my life partner died more than 50 years before me, I can't imagine being happy to continue living for so long.
Whoa! That's a really LONG life!! I'm amazed! My fiance's grandfather is 93 and has out-lived all of his brothers, sisters, cousins and one of his children. I don't think I would want to live to be over 100, personally.
@UK_Shree (3604)
Wow 93. Is he still in fairly good health for his age? I would only want to be more than 100 years old if the people important to me were around too
@dragon54u (31637)
I would NOT want to live that long! Especially if I outlived my children, life wouldn't be worth living. The people I love are what makes life good and without them, I would not want to live.
@UK_Shree (3604)
Yes, life is great most of the time because of the people we are surrounded by, people that we love