Alaska's Volcano bout to blow!! Have you ever lived through one?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28914322/ i was reading how alaska's volcano is suspected to erupt soon and how the last time it was like 5 months of clean up and etc which made me wonder how people deal with it.. have you ever had one erupt near you before? what is it like? if you live near this one are you concerned about it going off? volcanos are one of the many natural disasters i havent been through.. been through hurricanes and tornados but thats about it.. i think i would be freaking out if i was near a volcano! or is it not really that bad?
@twoey68 (13651)
Having seen the movie Dante's Peak...yes, it's really that bad! I can't imagine living that close to one...I know the scenery is beautiful but it seems like an awfully big price to pay for a nice view. I think if there was one near me and it was gonna blow, I'd be hightailing it as fast as my little legs could take me. [b]~~AT PEACE WITHIN~~ **STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS**[/b]
never seen the movie
@tessah (6621)
i remember when i was a kid when mt st helens went off. thats in washington state.. and i lived in mass.. and we had ash there at that disance. not horribly mind you.. but it was there just the same. i cant imagine what itd be like if i lived within the vacinity like those in anchorage a mere 100 miles away from mt redoubt.
it would just make me feel so claustrophobic and smothered if i saw ash everywhere.. especially since i have asthma and am allergic to everything.. i couldnt even imagine dealing with ash in the air when city pollution is half way killing me lol
@riyasam (16578)
i have never been near a volcano .i would like to see a volcano first hand,i have heard about it so much in books,it definetly is a natural disaster happy posting.