Which brand cell phone is the best... nokia, panasonic, samsung....?

@tjades (3592)
Jamaica
Well my old phone is acting up really bad and to be honest it has done its time and have given of its best. It is now time for me to lay it to rest and get a new cell phone. I am at a cross roads though as I do not know which brand to select from. I was told that nokia is the best brand phones ever. Is this so? I do not change cell phones regularly and so would ike to have something which can last for a long time. The two brands I have had so far are panosonic and siemens. The temporary one I have now is a nokia and it gives me a heartache. Since I am a novice at phone selection I will welcome any suggestion and see which brand scores the most with customers like myself. Which brand do you have and which would you recommend as the best brand?
@LouRhi (1502)
Years ago I used to sell phones and without a doubt Nokia was by far the most reliable and user friendly. Of course there were a few models that had there problems but on the whole Nokia was the brand I was most happy to sell to a customer. Seimens was also up in the ranks though to me the menus and functions took a while to work out. I never had much to do with Panasonic though there were a few models that were ok. I currently have a nokia myself and most people I know have a Nokia. All without any dramas. Good luck with your choice
@tjades (3592)
• Jamaica
Hi LouRhi . I have not seen you here for quite some time (since I have been back). It is great to hear from someone who used to sell cell phones. Nokia really seems to be the pick of the brands. I actually liked my siemens. It was very simple and served me well. Panosonic was my first phone ever from the early days of cell phones. I think I'll go with the popular vote and get myself a nokia. Thanks for sharing and happy mylotting..
@LouRhi (1502)
Yes it has been a while since I have been here, have been caught up playing silly games instead! Lovely to see you again and good luck with the phone purchase :)
i feel nokia is best because of its talktime, battery life and its user friendly options., sony ericssion is good for its sound, audio/video clarity and camera clarity. motorola is good for its style.,
@tjades (3592)
• Jamaica
The motorolas really do tend to look very appealing but I remember some drama one sis of mine had with hers so I sort of wrote it off from then. Seems Nokia gets the heads up all the way. Thanks for the very informative summary here praka.
@djemba (767)
i prefer nokia over all other phones because of its durability, sleek looks. Sony ericsson is also good with heart thumbing sound quality but it is not at all durable. i had bought a nokia 2300 5 years back which is still in the working stage apart from that i had bought z550i which was not good and had to hit the service centre doors many times. Finally i bought myself nokia 6300 and i am satisfied with it.
@tjades (3592)
• Jamaica
I really why the nokia I have now acts up the way it does. Seems that nokia gets the vote both here on mylot and among my acquaintances. Thanks for sharing dj.
@jabaz007 (252)
Nokia
@tjades (3592)
• Jamaica
Thanks .