I looked at this beautiful bedroom chair

@cynthiann (18618)
Jamaica
yesterday at lunchtime. It was discounted as it was slightly shop soiled. I loved it on sight. I had to have it and asked the Manger of the store to give me a further discount as I did not want it on my credit card. I am desperately paying off credit card debt. So when he refused, I said that I would think about it and headed towards the door feeling so disappointed. As I reached the door, the assistant who had been helping me handed me a flyer and then whispered to me that that chair was going to be sold in their year sale that they were having tomorrow (today). She said that it would be further discounted. On reaching the car, I noticed that she had written her name and cell number on the flyer and so I called her. She said to call her at 9 am the following morning for the price. So I called her this morning and it was further discounted by the equivalent of US$60. I could now afford it cash, so I bought it this morning and I have felt so happy all day. It will be perfect in my bedroom. What a wonderful young lady she was to help me! Has anyone done a random act of kindness to you that made you very happy in life?
@jillhill (37383)
YEs.....there is a client of mine who never had a daughter...one son who lives several hundreds of miles away..well yesterday she came in with a bunch of very expensive face cream she gets (estee lauder) and give it to me.....she has been doing this for a while...different bags etc. I would never be able to afford them otherwise...it's so nice of her to do it!
@cynthiann (18618)
• Jamaica
This is so nice of her. Estee Lauder is an expensive brand so it is so generous of her to give you. Thanks for responding
@ANTIQUELADY (36471)
thaat was very nice of her. i have had people do kind things like that for me. her boss wouldn't have liked it i'm sure but he doesn't u will go back to that store on account of her kindness. i'm glad u got it.
@cynthiann (18618)
• Jamaica
YOu are so right - I will go back to the store. Thanks for responding
@Humbug25 (12551)
Hi there cynthiann Aww that was really kind of her. Well I must say that I quite often do random act of kindness, I do so many I couldn't possible name them but my most recent one was when someone left a message on my answering service by mistake, I think you know the story. I quite often pick up people's kids up from school and drop them off home just help others out but it is no trouble for me as I have to go to the schools anyway to pick up my kids and most people live en route to my own house!!!
@cynthiann (18618)
• Jamaica
I did read that posting of your and you did a wonderful act of kindness there. We al have to protect our children. I so appreciated what she did as I was determined not to use my credit card. I'm longing to go home tonight and see it in my room.Blessings
That is great. It's nice to know everyone isn't out to make a buck.
@cynthiann (18618)
• Jamaica
Yes, it was so kind of her. One Love
@cher913 (25884)
i got a ride home from work this morning and although not as long lasting as your chair, it is still very appreciated. good for you about your chair though.
@cynthiann (18618)
• Jamaica
This was an act of kindness and don't you feel good that it happened to you? I feel good over the chair. I have not biught new furniture in donkey years - perhaps 20 years? so I am so happy. Thanks for responding
@checapricorn (16066)
[i]Hi cyn, Wow...that is cool! I admire people who are like that! So far, I never experienced that but I know that is very surprising how sensitive other people and how kind they are! You deserve it! Enjoy![/i]
@cynthiann (18618)
• Jamaica
I am enjoying the chair and I am so glad that the young lady was so kind to me. It has taught me to try and be more considerate towards people. Thanks for responding
@mmiceli (382)
Aw that's very sweet of her! =] I'm stoked you got the chair! Um.. let me think. Random act of kindness? One time when I was working a lady tried to tell me to keep the extra change which was about 15 bucks and buy myself lunch. Which was very sweet, but I wasn't allowed to accept it of course. I'm still trying to decide if that was a RAOK or just weird.
@cynthiann (18618)
• Jamaica
sometimes, if we can, we should accept what is offered. I understand that you could not accept it - would you have lost your job? If not, you should have accepted her kindness. Perhaps she was lonely and wanted the joy of giving something to someone. I don't think that it was weird - just kind. Thanks for responding. Blessings
Aww, that was very kind. Nobody's really been like that to me yet, but maybe that's because I live in NYC. Thank God that there's good people like the sales associate to combat sleaze like the boss :3
@cynthiann (18618)
• Jamaica
It was kind but she knew how much I liked it and I could not afford to pay cash at the original price. Thanks for responding
@Opal26 (17690)
Hey cythiann! I think that young lady was really very nice to tell you about that sale! I don't know why that other person couldn't have just sold it to you knowing that it was going to be on sale the next day! Some people are so mean! I am so glad that you were finally able to get the chair that you loved! I hope that you will enjoy it in your bedroom! I know how it feels when you see something that you just have to have!
@cynthiann (18618)
• Jamaica
Yes, I have been frugal for so mnay years that I had forgotten the fun of shopping. The assistant was really kind to me. Thanks for responding
@rocketj1 (6960)
Oh.... you bargain shopper you!! It sounds like a fantastic deal and you should be very proud of yourself for bargaining the way you did! Please let us know how it looks in your room!
@cynthiann (18618)
• Jamaica
My bedroom is is green and cream - a soft green but not a lime green. The comforter has green and cream in its colours . It is reversable. The chair which is armless is covered in a thick oatmeal cram material . It is upholstered almost o the ground and has a thick fringing around the bottom of the chair. very classic and beautiful. I have an old mahogony dresser handed down in my husband's family - maybe 130 years old and a four poster mahongony bed. The bed was given to me by the owner of the villa where I work part time as she changed the decor of the master bedroom. The comforter and pillow shams came from her too and they are custom made. I am truly blessed.
@katsmeow1213 (29041)
How rude of the manager not to give you a further discount even though it was going to be discounted the next day. He might have even been able to get a few bucks more for it than you actually paid. What a jerk. But I am so glad the sales associate helped you out, that was so nice of her to go the extra mile for a customer!
@cynthiann (18618)
• Jamaica
Thanks for responding my dear friend, I think the assistant thought that he was a jerk too and this is why she helped me. So kind. Blessings
@hildas (3031)
That really was a lovely thing that sales girl did for you. Great people really do still exist in this world today. I am also really pleased you got that chair for that price, as you must really love it so much as you seemed disapointed when you could not get it at first. I hope it brings you much joy, as that chair was really meant for you to have.
@cynthiann (18618)
• Jamaica
Thanks hildas. The assistant was most kind and I ;love it so much. It is armless and covered in thick cream material with a fringe around the bottom of the chair which just touches the ground. I feel good just looking at it! You know what I mean. I look at it and smile. Definitely made for me. Thanks for responding
@murugezh (273)
Yes I have received a gift from my parents on my 21st birthday. I was in a dream of buying a electronic piano at that time. Actually I use to tell to my sisters and relatives when they are with me on my holidays. There was a festively season going on in our village after I return back to my school just few days before my birthday I got a gift parcel came from the local post office.When I open the parcel I was jumping very high and high my dream was in my hand from my parents they were posted me suspend. That was a wonderful experience I never forgot in my life.
@cynthiann (18618)
• Jamaica
How kind of your parents to make this dream come true. Certainly a memorable experience. Thanks for responding