Have you ever had to tell your landlord, that you did not have all of the rent?

@sudalunts (5526)
I have never been behind on my rent or never able to pay my rent before. Today is the 1st of the month, and I do not have all of the money needed to pay my rent. My rent is $975.00 a month, and I only have $800.00. I have lived here for six years and this has never happened before, I am embarrassed and scared to have to tell my landlord, that I do not have all of the money. I couldn't even sleep last night because I was thinking about this and other things. I am wondering, will he be understanding, or will he change his opinion about me. He knows that I am out of work for now, I hope he can understand. Have you ever been faced with a situation like this before?
@riyasam (16574)
since this is the first time,i am sure he will understand your problem and that it was not done on purpose.try to give the remaining rent as soon as possible!!!
@sudalunts (5526)
I hope it won't be a problem since I have the majority of it, my plan is to give him the balance as soon as I get it. Thanks for responding.
@lilybug (21148)
Yes I have had that happen to me before. I woked it out with her to pay my rent bi-weekly instead of once a month. It was after my son started having to go to daycare again and I did not get enough on one check to cover rent and daycare.
@sudalunts (5526)
It's good when your landlord will work with you. I glad it worked out for you. I will see what happens today. Hope he understands.
@sunita64 (6473)
Yes I have faced this situation, for three months we were not given any salary so in the third month I had to tell my landlord, he said no problems, and he was such a gentleman that he asked if I need any money then I can take from him. So do not worry good people are there in this world, just explain to him and he will understand.