How have you hurt yourself at home?

@paula27661 (15899)
Australia
February 2, 2009 5:56am CST
My husband was bitten by a red back spider the other day while sitting on the couch watching TV which resulted in a trip to the doctor; thankfully he is ok. I heard on the radio of a woman who dropped her electric toothbrush on her foot badly injuring it; the wound eventually turned septic and her leg had to be amputated! The most bizarre injuries have occurred at home while doing ordinary things. Have you or anyone you know ever been injured at home? Please feel free to share!
3 responses
@mipen2006 (5528)
• Australia
3 Feb 09
I broke bones in my wrist when I was young, butcompared to the examples you state, that's nothing. By the way, where was the redback incident?
@paula27661 (15899)
• Australia
3 Feb 09
We live in Australia and the spider was in our lounge room! It's a concern because we have a young daughter and pets. We sprayed the place after this incident and we are hoping we won't encounter any more of these creatures. My husband's fine because the spider was small and he is not so little! He must have brushed the spider off his foot quickly so the bite was superficial so all fine now! Thanks for responding
1 person likes this
@mipen2006 (5528)
• Australia
3 Feb 09
Yeah, I thought redbacks were only found in Oz. I had them in some honycomb rocks years ago when I was making a rock garden in Vermont, Vic.
@nb_0702 (59)
2 Feb 09
ya i know someone.. she used be one of my close friends , she injured her self by writing his bf's name on her left hand using blade.. it was horrible , wound turned septic and she was admitted in hospital.
@paula27661 (15899)
• Australia
3 Feb 09
OMG! That's awful! I don't get why anybody would do that to themselves! Hope she's ok now. I bet she learned a lesson! Thanks for the response!
@pickwick (858)
• India
2 Feb 09
Its nothing new getting burnt by touching the pressure cook which has been removed from the flame but yet not cold.And yesterday hubby spilt water in the kitchen and while trying to mop it he fell hitting his head on the kitchen slab.
@paula27661 (15899)
• Australia
2 Feb 09
Burns are the worst! Your poor husband; there he was trying to do the right thing! Thanks for responding!