Strainer lids on pots etc

Sauce pan and strainer lid - One of the set I recently purchased with my myLot earnings.
@webeishere (36353)
This photo is a shot of the 2 qt sauce pan from a 10 piece set I just got in the mail. I have tried these pout and really love them. I made myself a little bowl of pasta was all. They have lips for pouring on the sauce pans and the lids have 2 different sized holes for straining as well. This shot shows the largest of the sized holes for straining. The opposite side is half the size of holes. After the pasta was cooked I tested the strainer lid out. Let me say that it worked well. I love this new set actually. Have you ever had or now have these types of pans and or lids for straining foods etc? HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@tyc415 (5706)
Yes I have had a pot before with a strainer lid and loved it. It was so nice when it come to straining pasta and or potatoes. It also saves on clean up not having to drag the strainer out, just more to wash. haha
@webeishere (36353)
I always hate having to use my colander/strainer for noodles etc. These lids are great. So far anyhow. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@Opal26 (17690)
Hey Grandpa Bob! Those are some nice pots and pans you got there! I like that set! Those look like they're made really well! They sure thought of everything! Definitely makes pouring stuff easier! Very nice! I need a new set myself! I have been looking at alot of stuff and I haven't seen any with these features! Where did you get these and what brand are they? I like the color too! My favorite color and they would match my kitchen!
@webeishere (36353)
They are a decent quality set. Not too exspensive. More than my last set I bought though. They are Farberware and bought them at www.cooking.com This set was $79.95 They have them in this blue, red and also in silver. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@Opal26 (17690)
Wow! Thanks! That is a really great price for such a nice quality set! I'm really surprised! I have been pricing sets for so much more and alot less quality!
I love those. I don't own any yet, but I will as I replace my pots. My Mom has some and I've used hers when we get together. Those strainers in the lids are so handy. Enjoy your new pots. I'm jealous!
@webeishere (36353)
I love your name by the way. Years ago (20) my daughter had a school friend whose name was Katie. I called her KatyDid. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
This Katie is just shy of your age and a Grandma to 3 herself One thing this Katie hasn't done though is toured your state yet. It's one of only 5 I've missed....Alaska, Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin and N. Dakota. I still hope someday to get there but for now I'll have to enjoy the pictures you share. Thanks for sharing them. I've really enjoyed the latest with the ice crystals while still comfortable in my 50 degree weather. I love snow....at a distance so all those states will have to be a summertime trip
Hey Grandpa Bob; Nice set there; What brand is that?? Looks really nice! have fun cooking!!!!
@webeishere (36353)
Farberware. Stainless steel bottom and handles and aluminum. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@jillhill (37383)
My new ones are also Faberware...and I love them.
@babystar1 (4236)
Your pots with the strainer look great. I need to get me some new pots. All my pots that I have the bottoms are all wearing off.Can you tell me where you bought them from so I can get me some.
@webeishere (36353)
www.cooking.com Thois is the site I got them from. $79.99 was all for the 10 pc set. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@guybrush (4660)
Excellent pots, GB - and very convenient sizes! I've never had pots like those - in fact, I have the same old cast iron frypan and pots we bought when we were married, nearly 30 years ago. The pots were really cheap and were bought in a camping store - but they are fantastic, distribute the heat evenly and have never worn out. I do have a small non-stick omelette pan, which I bought because the eggs stick in the cast iron frypan - but apart from that, that's it!
@webeishere (36353)
There's a trick with cast iron pans. Aftewr washing them very well, rub some cooking oil inside the pan and the walls. Place it in a warm oven of maybe 200 degreesa for about 30 minutes. This sets the oil into the iron making foods less likely to stick. But you still need oil in the pan when cooking. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@KrauseHome (35522)
Cool. I have never seen pots that had a strainer lid like this, but I think this is an awesome idea. I Love the color of your pots and pans as well. What brand did you get? We need to get a New set soon, so maybe if you end up liking this set and recommend them, we might have to check them out for sure as well.
@webeishere (36353)
Farberware is the brand name. They are a reputablew company. I've owned pans of theirs in the past and they last awhile with good care. I'd recommend Farberware. I gopt theswe at www.cooking.com for $79.99 HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
Hi GRANDPA BOB, These are very nice, I haven't seen one like that before, I think I will have to look around for something like that next time I shop for pots and pan. Tamara
@webeishere (36353)
It's a great added feature. I love that aspect of the lids etc. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
My mom had one and I loved it. Never been able to find one quite like it. I do have a strainer pot but mom's had a little doodad that kept the lid from falling off. That's the kind I really want!
@webeishere (36353)
I got this set at buy.com They sell individual ones as well. The lids do not seal tight so you have to hold the lid in place on this set. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@jillhill (37383)
I haven't tried the ones with a strainer...my new ones are red to match my kitchen and I love them....but they don't have strainer lids.
@webeishere (36353)
I have no color to my kitchen. All white so any color goes with it I guess. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@suzzy3 (8357)
The pans sound very nice and useful sometimes these pans can be quite heavy .Yours sound just right cannot see picture one day I will twig how to do it.
@webeishere (36353)
These are aluminum so they're lightweight actually. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@ladym33 (11008)
Nope I have never had a pan with a strainer lid like that. It is really nice though, and I would like one. For now though I just used my big old plastic colander that I have had for 19 years. It is finally after all these years starting to show some age, but it still works. I have had the same Regal set of sauce pans for 19 years as well and they are still great. I do have buy new non stick frying pans every coupld of years.
@faith210 (11233)
Hi Grandpa Bob! Oh well, I just have those regular cooking pans and pots where I just get to cook about everything. Lol..I do have a separate strainer for straining or draining which really didn't not come with my cooking set. Take care and have a great day! lovelots..faith
@sacmom (14315)
I do have this kind of lid for one of my pots. Although it can come in handy, I have to be careful when straining foods that I cook. One time, while I was straining some food my hand lost it's grip on the lid and the food spattered into the sink. UGH! Too bad there isn't some sort of locking mechanism on it so that I don't have to worry about it every time I use it. But I do like the fact that I don't have to use a separate strainer, which is a nice plus.
I have never had one of these, although there have been times I could have used them. I have had some nasty accidents straining noodles. I am fortunate not to have to strain often.
@jerzgirl (8027)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
Oooo, those look nice, GB. I've drained water using lids before only to slip and pour much of what I cooked into the sink! All because I didn't want to be bothered getting out a colander. They also look non-stick. Are they? Very nice, and a pretty blue enamel. My son has blue cookware. He loves that color.
@moneymommy (3420)
Yes, I have a pot like that. I love them they make draining everything much easier and less messier.
@Nadinest1 (2040)
Hi. Wow! This loks and sounds like it works great. The way you plugged these pots and lids, you should be selling them. lol I'm happy the new pots and cover are working out great for you. Nadine
I had a pan with a strainer lid and I did not hold the lid on properly and dumped all the posta down in the sink. I did not trust that the sink was clean so I had to make a whole new batch of pasta. I did not even think about putting the pasta in boiling water after rinsing it to sterilize it. Oh well water under the bridge oops I mean pasta under the bridge.
@hildas (3031)
They look great ones and that is really handy the way the lids can strain. I must look out for these pots, as I have needed new ones for a while. You probably can't get them here yet in the UK, but I will go a searching for them as they would be really useful to me also. Thanks for showing these pots Bob.