Have you ever written to a politician?

@ladym33 (11008)
Have you ever written to a politician about anything?
@kykidd (6820)
I haven't ever written to a politician directly by snail mail. But I have called them and I have filled out petitions online that send them my name just like a letter. My mother lives in a different state than most of us kids, and needed some repairs done on her house. She didn't have insurance (which I highly frown on, but her house is old and it would be hard to get). So I called and emailed people for about 2 days straight. Finally we got her a low interest (1.7%) government loan to get the work done. It worked out well for us. My persistence paid off. What about you? Have you ever written or tried to contact a politician to get anything done?
@ladym33 (11008)
Only on line as you did, by signing others petitions.
@hmkoct5 (2067)
I belong to many groups that send mass letters to politicians. All I have to do is submit my information and it sends the letters to my politicians. I think it's pretty cool. I also receive a lot of letters back from politicians. I like being able to state my views on things that are important to me. I don't really know if it does any good.
@thedaddym (1737)
No, I have not. Like others on here, I have signed petitions on line, and sent on line letters that were created by other people but I have never constructed my own letter to a politician. I have also signed petitions in person. There are a lot of things I would like to give my 2 cents about but somehow I don't think any one would listen to me.
@camomom (7536)
No, I haven't. I've thought about it before but never have.
@checapricorn (16066)
[i]Hi ladym, When I was in the Philippines, I have tried writing in a politicians asking for some favor according to what they promised also during their campaign! Sad to say, I have not heard from one of them and I was disappointed a lot! Though, for another request, I was able to get it and the whole community was enjoying it! But, it takes a lot of time for them! I guess it took 2 years before it was gra[/i]nted!
No, as much as I talk about politicks, sorry politics I should write to them. I've signed a few petitions sponsored by them. I would never write the President though, they keep your name on file with the FBI and CIA. I'll just bad mouth him from the comfort of my own home, until that changes.