I just found myself saving the dog time...

@Loverbear (4928)
I made a batch of brownies, and used muffin tins and cupcake papers to make them. I usually would throw the paper into the garbage and be done with it. I just caught myself flipping the papers from the brownies to the dog! Just like I'm saving her time by just giving her the cans to lick out. Normally I wouldn't be doing something like that because I have three mini Dachshunds of my own, but I have my sister's dog staying with me while she is getting a divorce, and the dog is an 80 pound pit/lab mix who loves my kitchen garbage (they always are a source of all things wonderful!). I looked at what I was doing and realized "WHAT" I was doing...then figured that it would save me clean up later. I just had to share that moment of realization...it tickles me because of the fact that when I went out into the yard and cleaned up poopies (well for the mini's their poopies, for the pit/lab they are POOP!) and couldn't figure out what the strange stuff was in the pit/lab's poop until just a few minutes ago. Mystery solved! Do you find yourself doing things for your dog to save them the "trouble" of doing it for themselves? Or are you not quite as crazy as this ole broad is?
@ElicBxn (60895)
if there is something I want the cats or dogs to stay out of, I take it right out the the garbage can... I also have those long reachers to pick stuff off the floor so I don't have to lean over - can you say .... LAZY? I knew you could...
@Loverbear (4928)
Nah, it isn't lazy, it's called smart! I usually take the stuff that I really don't want the herd to have, out side. That includes chicken and turkey bones. They either go in the wood burning stove or I toss them out for the four legged trash collectors...the raccoons. I was just so surprised at myself when I flipped that cup cake wrapper to the dog... you know, one of those "What was I thinking?" moments. What is so funny is that the cats don't want anything to do with the garbage. Since the mini's can't reach the lip of the garbage can to smell anything in it they leave it alone too. It's just Abby (the pit/lab) that is happy to bury her head in the can and sort. I thought I would answer your post before I hang things up and go to bed. I have class today (It's 12:51 a.m. here) so I had better crawl in bed pretty quick. Thanks for your response..I love your posts.
@ElicBxn (60895)
its 3 here, but I got like 5 hours earlier, so still need to finish my night...