Snow day!!

@mrsl2008 (635)
My 10 year old daughter's school is closed today because it's been snowing, however the snow was worse yesterday than today!!! I'm slightly confused that if yeaterday was much worse than today, why were they open yesterday?? Did the teachers fancy the day off because most schools were closed yesterday & today? Luckily It's my days off however had planned to get all the boring stuff done today like washing ironing etc whilst juggling our 11 month old. Now it looks like the day is going to cost a fortune as the eldest wants a hair cut. Not just any hair cut, a very adult hair cut that I have managed to put off because of fitting in before we go to America next week on holiday. Am I just trying to keep my little girl little instead of allowing her to grow up??
@Wizzywig (7859)
I would guess the school is closed to cover itself from a health & safety angle. These days, people will try to apportion blame and sue for stuff like a child slipping over in the playground if the groundstaff have missed a few inches of ice. A teacher on duty in a playground full of excited children cant stop it happening. It sounds as though you are a bit annoyed at losing your excuse not to take your daughter for that expensive haircut
@mrsl2008 (635)
Did I come off sounding annoyed?? That wasn't my intention, Sorry! I guess your right about the school. The hair cut is now done and she does look so much older and it wasn't expensive:-). I told her I was quite tempted to have a similar cut and got a very dirty look.
@Wizzywig (7859)
I'm glad the haircut didnt break the bank Oh, imagine the shame of your mum getting the same haircut!!!!!!