What tricks do you teach your dogs?

@mermaidivy (15415)
I 've taught him sit, stay, lie down, go get something. What tricks do you teach your dogs? How long do they get it?
@devref (240)
i only ever taught my dogs a couple of tricks like the fetch and roll over ones but my last dog surprised me when i sent the kids to take him for a walk once he was trained to the leash etc when he came back i asked him if he had been where i had told the kids to take him when he came home after a drink he would jump up on me and rest his head against my shoulder an di would say a few places and when i said the one he had been at he pushed his head against my shoulder it took the kids years to beleive me they thought i was being funny but when the dog was 12 and the boys were 18 and 8 i showed them what the dog did and even then they found it hard to understand that for years the dog had been grassing them up never again in heis remaing years did they ever take him but where they were told to and as i said he was not trained/taught this he did this for himself.so i would suggest that yes train the dog but let him also train you to his senses
@mermaidivy (15415)
Thank you for your response! :-)
@HansonFan (1659)
My Shih-Tzu Ringo is a smart one. He can sit, sit pretty (Sit on his back legs), beg, speak,lay down, roll over, fetch, shake, give kisses, stay, and he can hold a flag in his paws while sitting pretty. He refuses to sit down until the flag is taken away - its so cute! Patches, my other Shih-Tzu, can sit, stay, and lay down. He can sit pretty too, but only does it when he wants to. He is a stubborn boy, but I love him anyway!
@mermaidivy (15415)
hehe that's so cute ;-) Thank you for your response! :-)
@SukiSmiles (1998)
My dogs only know the basics - sit, down, off, bed (they will go lie on their bed)and stay (well, the younger one doesn't do that very well). But it works well.
@mermaidivy (15415)
Thank you for your response! :-)
I don't know if this counts, we're teaching my brother's dog Coach that when we give a slight tug on the leash he come that direction. This is important because coach went blind within the last two weeks and we have to guide him when we walk him. He's already learned to stop when we say stop he's a very lovable dog despite his handicap
@mermaidivy (15415)
Thank you for your response! :-)
oops i accidently posted my answer as a comment to someone elses answer, but its right up above if ya wanna see it, lol i hate when i do that! sorry all
@mermaidivy (15415)
hehe you puppy must be a good puppy :-) Thank you for your response! :-)
@kimmy01 (69)
I have two dogs. They no how to 'fetch the ball'...'sit'...'stay' they also sit up on there back legs with there paws on there nose if i say 'up' and hold a treat they also no 'paw'
@mermaidivy (15415)
I'm teaching my puupy all those tricks too hehe Thank you for your response! :-)