How do you raise a child in two different households?

I am having trouble with the way my stepchild mother raise her. I say raise b/c she is not in my eyes, I don't know what go on at her mothers house but when she is at my house she tends to think it's ok to be mean to her siblings and talk back to me. She's 7 yrs old I have been in her life since she was 4, I don't have a problem with her mom other than when she trys to check my husband about what go on in our household b/c hers is not in order (she trys to count my money with his for her monthly payments....WTH?) Okay she will not let her go to public school (no social skills), she allows her to run and scream in the house (she is the only child there), she does not comb her hair (she always tells me she don't like her hair to be comb), she is allowed to watch adult swim (the other kids are not).....the list goes on and I have a problem with it but my husband is like she's a child but he have to get onto her every minute to remind her where she is and I think that's unfair to us both. We do have rules fro all our kids, we have family meetings, we have family movie night....etc It's just stressful, How can you raise a child in two households?
@irishidid (8563)
As far as the child support goes you are not obligated unless you choose to be. The law is on your side here so she has nothing to stand on. This child needs to understand there are rules that she must adhere to while in your home. Her mother also need to know the rules and instruct her daughter to follow them. That may be easier said than done. Like the saying goes, you can get more flies with honey. Other than taking her out and having her hair chopped off you might try letting her pick out some hair ties, etc. and keep them at your house. Give her an incentive to want to look her best. Start here and hopefully her behavior will change too. The kid sounds like she's crying out for something she isn't getting at home.
Thx for the advice and she always ask if i think she's pretty........I love her like I birth her and I don't want to seem mean just want her to know I care about her and what she looks like.