Do you keep a food and exercise diary diary?

@saundyl (9690)
I've recently started writing down what i eat, drink and how much i exercise. I have been finding that I'm less likely to cheat if i have to write it down. Do you do this? How long have you done it and do you find it effective? On the computer or on paper? I've been doing both computer and paper - computer through wellness360 as its a site that apparently pays its users to use it.
@newtondak (3950)
I make journal entries on a message board for the eating plan that I am following. There are others there who have done the plan for longer than I have and they help keep me "in line" and let me know when I am doing something that might hamper my weight loss.
@saundyl (9690)
It's nice to have people to keep you inline. My mom claims shes sending me back to my boyfriend's place again because i do soo much better following a diet there (plus hes not bog on junk food so its not in his house)
@newtondak (3950)
Just writing it down somewhere makes it more real - it's in black and white and you've had to admit that you ate it!
@saundyl (9690)
It does make it real. Every once in a while i KNOW i was bad and im sooo tempted not to write it down..but i have to or i feel guilty!