will you run ceiling fans and floor fans both this summer?

Do you use both types of fans through the summer.? Or do you prefer to use just one type? Do you feel that these fans really help save on the light bill? Where do you place the fans that you run?
@Thoroughrob (11771)
We use a floor fan in our living room. It is a tower one and we sit it in front of the air conditioning vent. It does seem to help to circulate the air and we don't have to set the thermostat too low.
That sounds like a great idea. I have a ceiling fan in the living room. I might need to add a floor fan too. Appreciate the response.
@jillhill (37354)
That does sound like a very good idea......I might have to invest in one!
@jillhill (37354)
we have celing fans and free standing fans that I put in front of the doors and windows to pull cool air in in the evening.
I really should get some free standing fans. I do run my ceilling fans all the time, but those would help too!Appreciate the response and happy mylotting!
the free standing fans in front of the doors and windows really help to pull the cool air in from outside.
@JenInTN (27565)
Ceiling fans for me this summer. I actually plan on getting a couple of more. I think it does save on your electricity. We'll see though.
I hope it helps keep all the bills down for everyone! Best wish's with that! Appreciate the response and happy mylotting!
@KrauseHome (33259)
Well, for now we only have Floor fans that we use. We are wanting to get a Ceiling fan for our living room. Just have not done so yet. We live in an area that a lot of times does not get extremely warm so there are a lot of times we do not need a Fan. But when we do, it is nice to have one around we can use to help cool off the place for sure.
It is really nice turning up the ceiling fans to high on those hot days and I just have to have them on at night. I do plan on buying more floor fans too! The hot weather will be here soon!
@faith210 (11233)
Hi eaforeman6! I used to run the ceiling fan and the stand fan at the same time during the hot months but I am not sure if I can still do that this summer. I am still contemplating on what I can endure more---the high electricity cost or the heat of the summer! lol..I will have to wait and see... take care and have a great day! lovelots..faith
Hi Faith, I am going to test it and see how high I can move the thermostat and still stand it lol Will find out, appreciate the response and have a great day!
@jillhill (37354)
My dining room ceiling fan is on all the time....upstairs in my bedroom however I use a small fan just for the noise and circulation...it's on at night winter or summer. I can't sleep without the noise of a fan.
I have three ceiling fans going twenty four hours a day. I barely ever turn them off, but I should let them have a break from time to time lol appreciate the response!
Yes, I always run them. In the city I live in, in NorCal, it is like an armpit. We have to run ceiling fans and an A/C just to stay cool. Once August comes around, everyone in our city could die of heatstroke without some sort of cooling device.
I can understand that. Here in Texas, its just as bad. You cant breathe and many days , there is no breeze at all. So, I , too run fans and ac to keep cool. August is also very hot and the dangerous month for us.
@Chevee (5915)
I always run both ceiling fans and regular fans. I don't run mines because of the electric bills I run mines because I be hot and suffering from flashes, (I won't write the whole meaning of that word because I did once and it was in violation so I hope you understand my meaning of flashes.)
Hi, yes, I do understand.. I am going to run more fans to try and help save money on the light bill. Do you think it really cuts the light bill down?