Trash truck runs on what it collects!

Omagh, Northern Ireland
http://www.gizmag.com/electric-garbage-truck-is-powered-by-garbage/10915/ Here's a good one..A UK based Garbage truck has been converted to Electric Drive..and it's charged up by the electricity generated from the incineration of the waste collected..and there's even a surplus that goes into the grid! What do you think? I like this!
@Jezebella (1446)
That would be totally awesome LOL. I would love to see a garbage truck that could use the garbage it picks up to run instead of gas. How bout other cars that can run on grabage.
• Omagh, Northern Ireland
So long as the Incinerator is producing enough juice for the truck and a surplus to put into the Grid,any EV could be doing just that!
@dorypanda (1584)
That's a really good idea. It's amazing that something that was 'invented' on a film in the 80s has finally been made real.
• Omagh, Northern Ireland
I still think given the choice I'd prefer the DeLorean over a Transit,though!
@sacmom (14315)
That's pretty cool! A garbage truck that runs on garbage! What will they think of next?