not studying and still on the honor roll

hiya all! i am the lazy kind of person when it comes to studying. when it was exam time, i always sleep early instead of studying. i would open my notes and practically sleep on them. studying is boring for me. but thank God, despite my attitude and behavior, i managed to graduate valedictorian in elementary and high school, get a full scholarship in college, and grab the cumlaude honors during graduation. i am not exactly proud of what i did, and i would not recommend my habits to anybody, but that was how it went for me while i was studying. i think it was God;s grace on me. how about you? did you have a similar experience? thanks all for sharing! take care and God bless you! happy mylotting!
@gr8life (6253)
Hello spoiled311, I think you were a smart student. I can't achieve good grade unless I study hard. When I was in school, I really studied hard and that entitled me to be one of the two best students in school. I am just an average if I don't study at all. By the way, I can't study while lying down as I always end up sleeping too...
@twinklee (895)
Hi friend! Cool about your attitude,, . Mine too similar kinda behavior. But with one difference, some times before exam, I will have fear so I will prepare or atleast have a glance over the topics. Take care
@Jae2619 (1484)
I wasn't a studier either, I passed all classes with flying colors and graduated very high in my class, not as high as you though... the only thing I had do to was go over a few notes from Math, because I don't like it... My sister was complete opposite, she had to study to get the grade she earned. Even threw her college days she had to study hard and would always call me and complain about how she wished she could have the ability to just go over it once and know it. As I watch my son with his homework, he knows the stuff but don't wanna do it because it's so much extra. I know all of his grades are great, made the Principle's Honor Roll (4.0) both quarters, so for the time being he's gonna be like me and just be able to look at something, or go over it once or twice in class and know it... Good study habits should be instilled in children but it's hard to do when yours (mine) wasn't good. Can't preach what you can't or didn't do.
@indahfth (11172)
hiii....., i also used to lazy to learn, but the value does not disappoint me
@rmuxagirl (7561)
There have been times when I didn't study and still made the dean's list. I was just able to remember things and do well on my papers and such. If you were able to do well without studying I don't think you should feel guilty about it or anything, but be proud that you have a good memory that holds onto what you learn.
@cambiste (1245)
For me it was hardwork in the field of studies. I ahte math and i hate physics, and with these two together, i hate electronics. I got though those with a bit above average marks with some difficulty. And im lazy too. But im a natural at computer science subjects and great at taking seminars and public speaking, even on topics im not familiar with. I love the stage and i love talking. Unfortunately, these were not subjects for me at school; but at college i feel im getting better grades with far less studying. I wish i were a genius at math though. Taht's the subject everyone gets 90%+ without effort. Everyone is a natural at that and non-computer subjects like maths, electronics and such. And taht evens the odds, and there goes my advantage. Anyway, good luck. high school scores are easy to get, but are also very important in life. Even if you get into the top college in the country, people in interviews will add more points if you have 95+ overall, and you'll have a great advatage over others. Happy mylotting.