Beyonce in Trouble...

@LadyMarissa (12162)
http://www.wyff4.com/entertainment/18647418/detail.html#- Etta James is upset with Beyonce over her version of At Last. She's threatening to kick Beyonce's azz. Personally, I think Beyonce did s GREAT job with that song & I look forward to seeing the movie!!! I just wonder what is really bothering Etta. Any thoughts on this???
@dragon54u (31605)
I think Etta should be glad that Beyonce covered that song because it will bring a lot of younger listeners into the mix that might be curious about the earlier versions. I heard a version of Pink Floyd's "The Wall" that was absolutely atrocious and I was horrified! But it brought a lot of curiousity with it and another generation of young people discovered the wonders of Pink Floyd, so it was a great thing that it was done. Etta needs to quit thinking of herself and look at the bigger picture. And threatening Beyonce is just childish and makes Etta James look like an immature word-that-rhymes-with-witch.
@LadyMarissa (12162)
Basically that's how I found Etta's version of At Last. I heard Eva Cassidy singing that song & someone said you've just gotta hear Etta's version. Then when I did, I fell in love with it!!! I will say Beyonce's version it right on!!! I didn't even know that Etta was still alive until I read this. So, it may well help her career!!! I found her threat a little silly & childish for a 71 year old woman!!!
@howard96h (11659)
• New York, New York
I think Etta James felt insulted when she was not invited to sing the song herself but to say the things she said is just plain stupid, that comment will not help her career at all.
@LadyMarissa (12162)
You are correct. I was a BIG Etta James fan up until this...didn't care one way or the other about Beyonce. After listening to the 2 versions back to back, I like Beyonce's version better!!!
@nanajanet (4436)
Etta James has to get over herself, already. She is a diva with a big head. Geesus!! Don't people like her have better things to do? Go out and spend that spare time helping in come charity event, build a bridge, and GET OVER IT!!
@LadyMarissa (12162)
I find it interesting that when she did the same thing she said “It’s not about ‘battling’ the original artists when I record these songs, it’s about paying tribute to them.” I do find it selfish of her!!! I guess her fans are supposed to go without just because of her ego.
@amanda333 (739)
• France
I like Beyonce, I think her music is great
@LadyMarissa (12162)
She does have a beautiful voice!!!
@tyc415 (5706)
Only thing I can think of is maybe she is jealous that she was not invited to sing the song for the first couple's first dance? I have no idea but I also thought Beyonce did an awesome job. It sure did move her to be able to sing it and I was beginning to wonder if she was going to break down before she finished.
@LadyMarissa (12162)
I don't know how Beyonce made it. I cannot hear that song without crying. It had a doubly special meaning to her. Since Etta is never invited to sing anywhere, I doubt that she could have sung it. If I had lost my voice, I don't think I'd be threatening anyone!!!
@shamzy18 (2319)
I have no idea. Maybe she was jealous that beyonce did a better job lol
@LadyMarissa (12162)
Etta did a wonderful job with this song; but, you're correct, Beyonce did a better job with it!!! It will be interesting to see how this plays out!!!
@pyewacket (44037)
What bug is up her butt? Is she jealous that Beyonce did a fantastic job at singing the song..is she jealous she wasn't invited. Okay, granted Etta James wrote the song but like geez...aren't other people allowed to sing the song...I'm going to see if there is a version of it sung by Etta herself at Youtube and see how she sung it.
@LadyMarissa (12162)
Etta did a GREAT job with the song...that is up until Beyonce did the remake. Oh btw, Glenn Miller wrote At Last in 1941. Etta just recorded it in 1961. Etta recently put out an album of nothing but remakes. She even commented “It’s not about ‘battling’ the original artists when I record these songs, it’s about paying tribute to them.” They played the original recording of Etta's rant last night on the news. Seems she doesn't like Obama & liked even less that Beyonce sang it for him & Michelle. I thought she was just a bitter old lady not wanting her song sang. Oh well, she is just a bitter old lady!!!