Body Modification

I was browsing the net earlier about foot binding or lotus feet tradition of the Chinese. Then, I ended up looking at weird pictures of modern people having their bodies modified. It is so bizarre that people want to look like animals or an elemental. Some have their ear shaped into an elf's ear, some have their tongue slitted so that it resembles that of a snake. So on and So fort... Why do you think some people undergo such surgeries? What is your say on this?
@aprilten (1966)
I also find it hard to understand why some people want to modify their bodies to look like something else. Those people who undergo cosmetic surgery, which to me is also modification, to look beautiful is very well understood. But, those who want to look like lizards, snake, etc are hard to understand. I'm sorry if I didn't answer you're question.
Maybe we are feeling the same way towards such things!
@moneymaya (901)
yeah friend its measurly happend with you girls , but since I am not girl so I don't have such problem I know that nowdays boys are also accepting this trend but I believe that what shape god provide us is best since God never think anybody bed thanks for sharing
Yes. God is the greatest artist of all!
I don't know I kinda think to each there own....It is kinda like tattoos and peircings. I want to get my belly button done but some people would think I am crazy! But I can't wait. BUt I would never go as far to get my BODY changed...but people do it all the time....just think about boob jobs and butt lifts....Same idea!!!!
I also had piercings before and I even had my ear stretched! That was when I was 16 and I think I did it because I wanted to create an "image". I was also confused during those times. I got rid of everything when I reached college. I still think tattoos are fine as long as it was done by a good artist. It's quite sad that the ones who get those boob jobs, etc, get younger and younger... Maybe it's the media... But those who want to look like lizards? Do you think they are sad?
@ahgong (10066)
I would say they have an identity issue. But if transforming their bodies is one way for them to find that identity, then good for them! Rather they be doing something to boost their self confidence, than to have them go nuts cos they are constantly frustrated at not being who they truely want to be.
To each their own, but then sometimes it gets too disturbing we think it needs psychological attention. As to the Chinese foot binding, Chinese men once wanted women with tiny feet, hence women then bound their feet to resemble Lotus flowers. Sometimes kids--yes, kids--have their foot bound and by the time they're six the first of all of their toes are already deformed/broken. And it's all to be appealing to men. I haven't seen one person totally modified face-to-face, but if I ever do I'd probably freak about and then stare in amazement, in that order. We're all little freaks of nature in our own way, and the modification thing's a self-expression thing. So let's try [in the best way] to let them be. Happy MyLotting!
@Kenzierou (108)
Maybe they just need for attention like Pamela Anderson with her boobs. Or maybe it's spiritual, it's hard to tell but I think I'm gonna stick to reason #1.