Wow, it's raining and the cats are....

@Loverbear (4929)
I love rainy days, I usually sew when it rains, but NOT today!!!! The cats have gone nuts!!! It started with a wake up at 5 a.m. with four cats racing through the house and across my bed, with me in it! Then, they played "football pile up" by all of them climbing up on top of my abdomen at 7:30 a.m., then they all went racing off and I heard a tremendous crash. I shot out of bed to check out the damage and one of the idiots was sitting in front of my sewing table with a ton of fabric all around him. He tried to make a jump onto the table but it didn't quite work out. So, I gave up and got up. I took the dogs out for their airing and they were pretty normal...until I got them back in the house and the cats started chasing all of them...the three mini Dachshunds and surprisingly enough the Pit/lab that is my foster dog for the time being. There is nothing like seeing an 80 pound dog being chased through the house by a 8 pound cat! They finished chasing the dog and decided to race for my bedroom. Again I heard a horrible crash and went racing back to find the two brothers, Khuay and Willy, hanging from my curtain rod out in mid air. I rescued them and had to re-attach the rod to the wall. As I'm doing that they decide to climb the curtains in the work room. Fortunately that rod was more secure. From there Willy raced into the bathroom, jumped on the toilet and proceeded to fall in...WET kitty!!!!! I had to stop and dry him off. So I figured they had gotten it all out of their system. Not quite. I was logging on and Khuay came racing in and tried to jump from the easy chair to their perch (It's a canvas hamper that folds up...the canvas is glued to the board that makes it secure, and it kind of "V's" so it makes a hammock for them to sleep on. Anyhow he missed and on the way down he managed to grab all my school paperwork that I was organizing while I was waiting for the computer to boot up. Sigh, there was an hour's work in the commode. As I'm picking up the paperwork, I hear another crash in the family room...Khuay had raced from his fall and decided to jump into a box from some stuff I received yesterday. Well that didn't work out well either, he landed on the floor with the box on top of him. Dinglebeary, the Maine Koon cat was sitting on top of the box with a sneaky little smirk on his face. Well I rescued Khuay, and in the mean time Willy raced through with something odd hanging from his mouth. I chased him down and found out it was another hunk of wood from the deck that I need to replace. Sigh, the only one that had settled down some was Murphy, but that didn't last. She came racing through and decided to help out with my paperwork by jumping on the computer table. She didn't make the jump either, and another half hour's work went down the toilet. Then while I was cleaning that up, Willy, Khuay and Dinglebeary decided to go into my craft store room and play tornado in there. Things were flying everywhere!!! Fortunately I have the small stuff in secure containers, but the bigger items are all over the room. I thought that having kids in the house on a rainy day was difficult, but these furry fiends make kids look easy!!! In between everything else the dogs are barking their "someones here" bark so I have to check the door to see who it is. There isn't anyone there and when I turn and glare at the dogs, they give me this "gottcha" look! I surrender, HONEST! I finally gathered up the cats and locked them in their room for awhile.Do your cats get crazy on rainy days?? What do you do with them when they do? The house is too quiet, and I am sure they are planning their next attack!
@lilaclady (28270)
Oh gosh you are an animal lover, that is nice, I only have one cat and she is mostly an outdoor cat but the one time she does come in is when it is raining or extra cold and I love that, it sounds like you have a very happy household, animals do make a home.
@Loverbear (4929)
I wouldn't be without a house full of critters. Not only do I have the house full, but there are 6 outside cats that I take care of. All 6 started off as feral cats and one by one I have been taming them and can pet them and pick them up and hold them. I would have become a vet, but I can't stand to hurt an animal and it would kill me to have to put an animal to sleep. So, I am content being a MOM to all these critters and going nuts with their antics.
@lilaclady (28270)
Sounds like a lovely place to be .....
@Loverbear (4929)
I love not only my home, but the location it is in. I live within a quarter of a block from a lake. We're so far out in the country that we have major wild life (no, not bars, night clubs etc.), I go out at night and there might be a possum, skunk, fox, bob cat, mountain lion, big horned sheep, coyote, deer or badger wandering through. Traffic jams for me is to have six raccoons on my patio at the same time. It is so wonderfully peaceful and tranquil. I do a lot of art work and writing here, and wouldn't move for all the money in the world. Our lotto is up to 73 million right now, and if I won, I wouldn't move, but I would build a little better home for myself. Come to think of it it would be a bit larger so that I could have my animals live a bit more comfortably. Get the feeling that I happen to be nuts about my herd?
@ElicBxn (60069)
some of the cats don't need an excuse to destroy things, so I keep them out of my craft space. if I have any craft stuff in the rest of the house, I try to keep them in boxes, and they can manage to get into them!
@Loverbear (4929)
My little fiends don't try to destroy the craft supplies, it's just that they get to exercising so hard that they skid into my boxes of supplies. I'm just thankful that they don't have hands like monkeys (LOL) just think of what they could do with them!!! The funny thing is after all the activity yesterday, today they are nowhere in sight and are probably sound asleep someplace warm and comfortable. Last night when I went to sit down to do some sewing I almost sat on Willy, who had decided to take over my sewing chair. Then when I was trying to knit later in the evening I had three cats and a dog decide that they HAD to have loving right then...I'm pretty sure it was the weather. But, as I maintain, as annoying as they can be at times I wouldn't give up one of them. I did change from cardboard boxes to the rubbermaid containers with the secure lids. It keeps the stuff clean and safe from Khuay, the CIA agent. That cat can get into a box that is taped with strapping tape, and do it in less than three minutes!! He's the one in my avatar. He looks so innocent yet he is so effective in destroying cardboard boxes, opening mail, searching catalogs and frisking the Christmas tree for microphones.
@ElicBxn (60069)
I love my cats, and the white eared cat in my avatar is our "smart" cat. He can open boxes, and destroys things but not intentionally, mostly he gets them out and then the other cats destroy them.
@pyewacket (43962)
Mmmm are you're cats affected by the full moon? LOL My goodness, forgive me but I'm laughing hysterically here...all this sounds like a keystone cops comedy! Sounds like a nice relaxing day for you...NOT. Geez, my cats are real subdued and never do any highjinks like that...in fact my two cats are downright mellow all the time. The only one disaster occurred about a year ago and that was when Pyewacket decided to jump way up to the top area of my computer desk with hutch where I have a lot of nice figurines. I was just settling into bed, nice and quiet..then crrrasssshhhh. He had knocked one of my favorite figurines down. I did yell at him and he's never been back up there since. He now KNOWS that area is off limits. Of course things were much different when I had more cats. I had one cat, Shelby who was a BIG cat...not fat, but big about the size of a mid-sized dog. He take it in his head to run around the place like a lunatic all of a sudden...not so great with neighbors living underneath and he would do it around 3 in the morning. Then there would be cats who would jump up into the tub and fall in while I'd be filling it..wet kitties then
@Loverbear (4929)
I so totally saw the humor in it, then while I was finally able to start doing some sewing, Willy came flying up and jumped on the sewing table, then to the top of the television and was going to jump up and settle on top of the fridge but he had too much momentum and made it to the top of the fridge but ricocheted off the wall and slid off the front and onto the floor. I nearly wet myself from laughing at that trip. Willy's day and night didn't improve. Bill, my BF, was playing with Willy with a piece of my knitting yarn and Willy nailed Bill with eight in the boob! Fortunately Bill loves animals and all he did was eject Willy from his lap, but Bill did a really good job of doing the flap.... I didn't see what happened and just witnessed the end result...I tried to keep a straight face but the way Bill flapped you would think that man eating ants had gotten under his shirt. It isn't supposed to rain tomorrow, so maybe the dust will settle and the wild cats will take a loooonnnnnggggg nap! Talking about Shelby running and disturbing the neighbors below, I rented an apartment in Montana and there was nothing about not having animals so I moved my lame Siamese cat with me. Well while I was out, she would race around the apartment and it would be a strange thud thud thud when she ran. (She lost a foot in a trap, and I adopted her from an animal shelter after she had healed.) The land lady stopped me one day and asked if I had a cat upstairs. I was truthful and said yes...and she stated that she didn't allow pets. I had her meet the cat and she immediately fell in love with her. So, suddenly the cat started gaining weight and not eating her food. I was beyond worried and was about to take the cat to the vet when I caught the land lady taking a plate of canned salmon up to the cat! That cat ate better than I did, and I never said a word to the land lady, she absolutely adored that cat!