Is there a pattern in online social networks, online blogs, etc?

There seems to be a pattern in the online world of social networks, blogs, etc of never backing anything up with data, taking the media at face value, and believing the first blog that comes along to say someone else is wrong.
People in general are far too quick to believe what they read without questioning, cross-checking, or doing any research on their own. It's unfortunate that we cannot trust everything we read, but it is more unfortunate to ignore the potential dangers of maintaining a healthy dose of skeptisim.
I agree withyou. It's sad that most people are gullable in that they'd swallow the first thing they read or hear as absolute truth. If we all gave a bit more time to thinking, perhaps we'd not have some of the misunderstandings we've had over the centuries such as wars, etc. Maybe I'm just too idealistic.
@sirnose (2440)
Well,it happens from time to time that someone will start a rumor base solely on what they have read regardless of it source...that why i try to get more than one source when i'm going to state something as fact in a discussion or post,blog etc...
Yes, that's what I've noticed. It's sad because it seems that in today's society that people are believing everything that the media presents to them. They no longer do any sort of research, and do not look at empirically based research, they simply take what people say in a blog or an editorial as the truth. I'm not sure what the best solution is for this in social network sites, other then to keep finding those who do filter those things they find oline.