Do you often ride taxi...?

@mobhomeir (7565)
If you do, which would you think you always sit for your safety? Front set or in the back set?
I don't really take cabs since I have my own car. I drive myself off to places. But during a time I can't bring my car out because of the color coding, then I'd take bus or jeepney (Philippine public vehicle). Taxis can be expensive, and most of the time it's not worth it, not unless I have too many luggage and suitcases, then that's the only time I'll take a cab. Well, I'm just glad I a car to cruise along the metro, or even on a long trips...
@mobhomeir (7565)
Yes...but when you ride a taxi are you fond of sitting at the back or at the front beside the taxi driver?
Well often when I take cabs, I sit at the back. But like if I'm with a bunch of friends, I'd take next to the driver..
@aisaellis22 (6449)
Hello mobhomeir! I sometimes ride at a taxi especially if I have many luggages or something that I can't carry. Well, I usually sit at the back because I am not comfortable sitting beside with a stranger.
@mobhomeir (7565)
Yes. For a lady like you,back set would be the safest one to sit. Both car accident and someone beside you if you would sit at the front sit whose of course a stranger and might sometimes smells bad ha ha ha..thank
hahah..you're so funny..but honestly, I am not really thinking about that smell, I am thinking of safety first..but you gave me an idea with that..
@cupcyke (363)
hello wazzup! its been a long long time since i visited in myLot, im very busy now a days.For me i will ride taxi only when im in a hurry. its just wasting your money. its better to walk going to the place you want and besides its good for your health and save money. For me i prefer to sit in the back because its more safety than in the front. and for me again you can do what ever you want because your alone and you have a big space there.
@mobhomeir (7565)
Yes you're right and I am glad you finally showed up from your hibernation...and it seems you're some good response when you comes out from your long silence that's why you had a good and satisfying response...I will give a reward for that..and welcome again to the world of Mylotters...Cheers
Hi mobhomeir. Not so often. When I was in the Philippines I rode a taxi when a situation calls me to do so like I was late already for work, went home very late or I just cant take the very warm temperature to take an open air public utility vehicle. As much as I can, I tried not to since it was a little bit expensive. Here in Denmark, I prefer to ride a bus or take my bicycle. Aside from saving so much, its very rare that I get an urge to ride a taxi. Maybe because the weather here is not as warm as the Philippines and the scenery is just so splendid that I would prefer not to make my travel going to and fro home shorter. If I ride a taxi, I choose to sit at the back. Same as the respondents of this discussion for safety purposes.
@mobhomeir (7565)
Oh you've been already in our beloved country..yes it's quite hot here compare your beloved Denmark. How I wish o0ne day I could reach your country or dream about it... Yes you're right for safety purposes it would be better sit at the back if you wanna ride a taxi...thanks for your share..hope you could still come back in our country..
@djoyce71 (2512)
I'm not really a taxi rider. For safety, I think I'll choose the back seat and in the middle part to be away from the glass shields whenever accidents would happen. But there are really no safe seats for hold-ups. It's just too scary riding on taxis these days specially at night.
@mobhomeir (7565)
Yes you're right. Nowadays there's no more safe place to hide even in your own backyard. But then, there's no such thing as having always a precautionary measures all the time...cheers
@aprilten (1977)
I very rarely ride a taxi but whenever I do I always seat at the back because to me it is the safest.
@mobhomeir (7565)
Yes. I understand your point. You must be really a safety conscious..
No, i do not ride taxi that often. If i have no choice but to ride the taxi, i will sit at the back, i feel it's safer for me. What about you?
@mobhomeir (7565)
Yes that's point. ME? I like sitting at the front because I could see everything what would coming up..thanks
@lala501 (1533)
Sometimes I dol when I dont feel like driving.
@mobhomeir (7565)
Yes. But where do you prefer to sit always? back sit or at the front sit?
no, i just ride a taxi if my dad couldn't fetch me up. actually i really hate taxis, i mean taxi drivers because sometimes they increase the fee and sometimes they do the long way drive so that the fee will become higher. I prefer back seat, i feel safe when im in the back seat so no one can touch me. =) question, are there taxis that its windows are tinted?
@mobhomeir (7565)
Yes that's the fastest way to reach home. Back sit would be a wise choice if you're a safety conscious. There are always a driver like what you said, opportunists.. Taxi with tinted glass is prohibited in our place...thanks
@guchuang (83)
Hello,mobhomeir,nice to see you~ Yes,I always go out by taxi.Because I always late to get up.I do not want to late to school.So I must as quick as I can to go my school.But I waste a lot of money for the taxi.If you always go out by the taxi,the cost is very much. But the taxi is very quick.If you have something hurry,you can by the taxi. As so on..
@mobhomeir (7565)
Yes that would be the fastest way, are you going to sit at the front or at the back?
@zhuhuifen46 (3486)
I often ride taxi, I would sit at the back seat, because according to statistics, the safest place for the passenger is behind the driver. And in here, there is a barrier between the driver and the front passenger seat, so the front seat is so narrow. The back seat is safe and spacious.
@mobhomeir (7565)
Yeah..you're certainly right... back sit is the safest place to sit if you ride alone in a taxi..thanks on your opinion..
@deserve40 (1605)
I do not ride a taxi very often. My city is so small and I have my own bike to reach to any corner of the city quite easily. However, when I have to visit big city like Mumbai, I do have to ride a taxi quite frequently. I do not think that I am ever worried about the safety. I take whatever seat is available to me. As I have to visit this city with my family, I do not have all the seats at my disposal and so I take whatever seat is available to me.
@mobhomeir (7565)
Yes I understand. It's our own option anyway where would we sit. But sometimes there are some people who are safety conscious.. thanks friend
@se7enthbird (8328)
i often ride a taxi when i go home from work. i ride at the back for i have a lot of things that i bring that i use for work so i can not fit at the front seat even if i want to. if i ride a cab with my family that is my wife and my three year old son i will sit at the front seat so that my son will have enough space at the back if he wants to lie down.
@mobhomeir (7565)
Yes that's right. But for us why we always love to sit at he front and the women seldom sit at the front...I feel awkward sitting at the back sit whenever I would ride a taxi alone?....cheers
@redberry (178)
I regularly ride the taxi, and I always ride at the back seat. I think the BACK SEAT is much safer than the front. Usually when I taxi hits another car, the front almost always takes the hit. I've also seen that in most car accidents, those riding at the back seat are the ones who are most likely alive. It's just my opinion though.
@mobhomeir (7565)
Yeah you got it right. But there are so many people also think that wherever you are front set or at the back when it would be your time you can't escape it...thanks for your opinion..cheers
@acie_21 (5647)
hi friend!... yeah!i often ride a taxi than a jeepney...i usually ride in the back sit area.. its ok for me to ride a jeep as long as im not alone.. riding a taxi is like over my budget...heheheh! but as long as im riding a taxi with my hubby its ok.. its very tiring to ride a jeepney and it takes too much time!... and its not very safe as well... how about you??? thanks! chill!....... keep posting!