house warming

Hi fellow lotters.Do you have any suggestions for a house warming present?I usually bring a bottle of wine whenever I get an invite.I'd appreciate some fresh ideas. Thanks.Happy lottin!
@michmich2 (432)
I recently gave someone those new flameless candles as a housewarming gift and she loved them! I have some and I get great use out of them. They flicker just like real candles - you can even get ones made of real scented wax if you want to or ones that are plastic. They're safe and beautiful and a lot of people don't have them yet!
I'm not really sure where I could get those but I'll try looking later when I go to the mall... thanks.
I know that Bed Bath & Beyond has them for sure, although I think a lot of places are starting to carry them. If you search online, you'll get a lot of hits for flameless candles. I really like the one made by Candle Impressions.
I know that Bed Bath & Beyond has them for sure, although I think a lot of stores are starting to carry them. If you search online, you'll get a lot of hits for "flameless candles". I especially like the ones made by Candle Impressions.
@laydee (12814)
How bout a basket of fruits? Perhaps some scented candles which could decorate the house nicely. There's also pastries, desserts, and delicacies. You could also go for: Indoor plants, those plants you could put on the table, like bonsai plants, bamboos, etc. Silverwares, or glasswares which could do well as polished bowls for whatever they'd like to put in for guests. Bookends perhaps? I've seen a great site where they feature these, have a look http://www.gifts.com/occasions/housewarming/23ohraicp Good luck! Do keep me posted what you brought.
thanks so much for sharing...cheers!
@laydee (12814)
Thank you for the best response mark!
Freshly-made food is always welcomed. For example, fresh-baked bread, home-made cookies, or a home-made casserole are always appropriate choices (although you might want to double-check what the family's dietary habits are). There's something REALLY personal about baking your new neighbors food - I'm not sure what, but it has made a few of my neighbors very grateful in the past. Also, like others have said, a fruit basket or some home decorative pieces work, as well! Or even gift-type things such as photo frames work. :) Good luck!
thanks,maezee...giving it a personal touch could surely work.