Movie Review: Death Race

Natalie Martinez - Natalie Martinez is the show's stealer!
@ahgong (10066)
Singapore
This movies has some pretty exciting racing scenes. The story starts with a race with a man in a mask is fighting hard to fend off the attacks of another man in a souped up truck. He was fighting hard to reach the finishing line but his car exploded upon reaching it. The next scene started with a man working hard in a steel mill. Jensen Ames lost his job when the steel mill decided to close down. So he went home to his loving wife and beautiful baby. But they were murdered and he was framed for it. Thrown into jail he was brought up to meet the warden who recruited him to replace the driver who died in the opening scene. All he had to do is to win one race impersonating the driver who died and he will be released a free man from jail. He took up the offer and later found out that it was not as simple as it seems. The warden has planned the murder of his wife so that she could recruit him to drive for her. So Jensen started to scheme a way to seek revenge on the people who killed his wife. The movie has a very simple storyline. But the races are very excited. Cruel, but quite exciting to watch. And the girls that were used as the navigators are... woo~~~! Pretty! If you are looking for something to while away a lazy afternoon, this movie would be the perfect selection.
@kun2349 (23475)
Yeah yeah, i know about this movie too.. lol =D It seems like i have alot of idle time to know about all these things huh?? lol =D I have seen the trailer too, and i agree that the gals in it are hot.. haha =D But there are not much races in it, and whenever there's any, it's only a short race before the cars will crash and burn, just the one of PS2 games.. hehe ^_^ I might watch that if i have the time or just wait patiently for it to be shown on tv =D
@ahgong (10066)
ha ha ha ha ha... I think you'd be better off with the DVD. No commercials to disturb the enjoyment of the movie. The game is out? Is it only on PS2? Any PSP version?
@kun2349 (23475)
I'm not saying that there's a game version to this movie.. What i mean is that, there's a game that's called Crash on PS2, which is almost similiar to the movie.. hehe
@ahgong (10066)
Really? Is there a PSP version? I wouldn't mind getting something like that to play with. It would be, well fun! All that carnage and blood and gore! *evil smile*
Death Race - Death Race is a so so movie in my opinion.
My colleague recommended me this movie. But I was disappointed after watching it as I don't think this movie is as good as she said. It is no doubt that the special effect is nice, but I think the storyline is poor. There are many parts don't make a sense. It's a little bit like the movie Transporter. I still pay attention to the story itself rather than the effects. I love China