What would you be willing to do?

@SomeCowgirl (32266)
There are a lot of talks about discussions and the way they are turning out. Their are trolls about, and discussions on what should be done in regards to mylot upping their ante on these trolls. My question to you is, with all these proposals by members on what should be or could be done, what would you be willing to do as a member to keep mylot online? Would you be willing to completely change your style of writing and only write on serious matters, not on matters in regards to fun if mylot were to ban fun discussions? Tell me what you think. I look forward to the responses.
I thought they already did ban fun here all the "fun" discussions i have seen get deleted quickly I like mylot as much as the next person but for a site based on social interaction the admin sure does seem to frown upon any type of fun interaction why should we the honest users have to sacrifice anything for the sake of those trolls? there has to be a way that admin can track IPs of banned users if an a user has been banned more than 3 times and has the same IP each time they should ban the IP
@rosdimy (3936)
Banning an IP address maynot really work even if the same user has been banned more than 3 times with the same IP address each time. A user using broadband connection with dynamic IP address may stay connected 24 hours a day. When he/she gets banned the person can easily reconnect to have a different IP address. There are software which can cloak or change the IP and MAC addresses. So it is a hard battle and I think the myLot team know better on what strategies should be used. all the best, rosdimy
oh they know best do they? is that why we have had so many problems lately with trolls and people being wrongfully banned? I dont think so they couldnt find their butts with both hands and a map!
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Rosdimy, you can ban the server. And admin has done that before, so they can do it again. THAT'S their responsibility and they should exercise it more. But like wonttakelong said, admin (sometimes) can't find their butt if........
• Janesville, Wisconsin
Mylot is suppose to be both fun and serious as that is how discussions are. To deal with and handle trolls, all you have to do is hit the ! to report abuse, and then state what you found to be abusive, and the mylot admin will take action to watch them, or remove their account if they are violating guidelines or terms of services. If there were no, fun discussions.. I would have to.. and that would be very difficult for me to participate as even on serious manners I like to put in some humor here and there... I enjoy and love mylot, for allowing us to post both serious and fun matters, and I think the moderators and admin do a great job, and removing trouble makers, or trolling discussions. - DNatureofDTrain
@SomeCowgirl (32266)
I've used the report button myself, but all of these discussions about what people think mylot should do got me to thinking about what if mylot did some of the things, would the person who suggested it be willing to do what it was they themselves suggested? Could they conform, I guess is what I'm trying to say. The fun versus serious question was really an example, but I do understand your unwillingness to want to participate (even though you have to) because you like using humor. I appreciate the response.
@jbosari (155)
My lot will drive everyone back to facebook.
@ljbinkop (744)
It wont send me back to Facebook! I was so bored there in the first place! And they don't pay you either. I use Facbook to stay in touch with friends, but MyLot to learn new things and make money!
@SomeCowgirl (32266)
No, I don't think so. I've never really been one for facebook, I think i've been on it a few times here and there, but never a member (atleast not intentionally).
@thezone (9451)
Yes I think that is the best way as already said, just to report abuse of the site and hoefully action will be taken. The other option would be to make a paid subscription to myLot to be a member, but somehow I do not think that would be to popular.
@SomeCowgirl (32266)
I do myself report abuse when it needs to be reported, but so many people on here want another way than just that, something that surefire says that no trolls are allowed. I appreciate the response.
@thezone (9451)
Can't speak due to gag. Muffled sounds coming from zone. I was still young and innocent when I wrote that
@Lindalinda (4112)
I think Mylot is doing very well. There are now over 160 000 members and is growing daily. It is true a lot of people have left since I joined three years ago, but that is pretty common in forums. People come and go. They loose interest, they make friends and correspond using private e-mails. There are trolls in every forum. Some people just don't ever grow up. In my experience things are always quiet for a few months and then the posts about people being banned by other people (how so?) people being trolled, people being harassed start up. That really gets the trolls going. They just love the attention. Shopgirl had the right idea. When she was bothered and followed around by one such individual she just kept reporting him. I did the same. I am happy to say this individual who impersonated another former mylot member and had severel accounts was gone in short order. As far as discussions on Mylot are concerned there are some that are fun and others that are serious. Some members also use Mylot as a chat room and they are bantering back and forth with one liners. So as I see it there is something for every one here. As far as policing the forum is concerned I think it is the job of the administration. As far as I can see they are trying.
@SomeCowgirl (32266)
I know that there are trolls in every forum and people come and go. I haven't been trolled as far as I know but I have been highly insulted, and without any reason for it... assumptions to be honest, but that is beside the point. I think that mylot is doing a fine job myself, but if they were to set different guidelines and such, that's what I was kind of making on this discussion. I appreciate the response.
@eaforeman6 (8983)
I would comply with the rules. I just dont thnk it would be good for mylot. People come here to relax, have fun and talk! If people feel that they have to watch every word, I am not sure they would stay. It could be a diastrous move. People here , who have known each other for a long time always have fun. I am sorry that we had people who caused problems. I just dont think that everyone should pay for what a few have done. Why should mylot change because of the bad eggs?
@SomeCowgirl (32266)
I am not saying that mylot will or should change I am just asking in regards to the people who have all these ideas for what mylot could do, and whether these same people would be willing to conform to their own ideas that mylot could utilize.
Then I guess Mylot would be a lot like Destroy Debt forum. They quickly sucked all the fun out of that place. It's total business. Of course, it just depends on what someone thinks of as fun. I post happy discussions about housework and cats. I guess that's not really fun, but it's not serious either. Most of my discussions are meant to be light and taken lightly, not seriously at all. If we all had to post intellectual topics, I'd have to do some actual research and then it'd feel like work and I'd have to find a new job.
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
The azttraction for me is that there are so mnay different types of discussions. I like the variety. If ther were to be only serious discussions then I would probably not stay very long. If I want to answer a serious discussion then I would do so - likewise a frivolous discussion. Sometimes, I give only a one liner when responding and other times write and write. No, I would not be willing to change my style of writing. I write how I write and I especially enjoy humour. I'v only seen one troll - but then, I am not observant!
@hellcowboy (7383)
This is a pretty good discussion baby and I am sure that different people have different opinions when it comes to the trolls and what they are willing to do to keep mylot online,I am sure there are some people who are willing to change their style of writing because they know it would help mylot,and then I am sure there are people who refuse to change their style of writing,but are willing to report people who are not doing what they are supposed to on mylot,and I think something does need to be done about all these trolls because they are a pain when it comes to mylotting ,and I already try to write mostly serious discussions because I think it is better, even though fun should not be banned because this site is meant to be both fun and serious,and if mylot did ban fun discussions then I am sure a lot of people would leave mylot,I love you with all my heart and soul,have a great day,good luck with all your mylotting goals,and Happy Posting.