Have you ever filed for a tax extension?

@sudalunts (5526)
If so, how easy was it, and were the late charges and penalities a lot? I think I am going to have to file for an extension, I can not even pay my rent, so there is no way I will be able to pay taxes. Have you ever requested an extension, let me know.
@lilybug (21147)
Here is a link to get to the form you need to file the extension. I have never had to file for an extension because I have always gotten a refund. It looks like the extension is only 30 days though. I am not sure if you can ask for a longer one or not. http://www.irs.gov/govt/tribes/article/0,,id=180676,00.html
@sudalunts (5526)
Thank you so much for the link
@redhotpogo (4436)
It was pretty simple. I don't remember the process. I had a tax extension years ago when I had moved to another state, and wasn't sure about all the forms I would need. And there was no penalty fees. You only pay penalties without the extension.