What has your friends or family done?

Times are hard for us all. Not to mention the stress of it all. Now I am not saying everyone is doing something under handed. Yes there are some things people just have to do. What are some of those you know of? I have a friend who is a cashier. She can't afford to pay $1300 rent. She gives people a hook up at a local store. They give her a few bucks here and there. My other friend has resorted to the chat lines for extra cash.
@cher913 (25895)
i am selling stuff on ebay as well as using mylot. my hubby has taken in books to do (accounting) so we will make ends meet. plus in the summer we well have several garage sales to make some extra money and clear out some space.
I am doing these things as well.. I think I will get my license to care for kids this summer.
@roniroxas (10576)
people do a lot of crazy things when they need money. that is why the saying says "money is the root of all devil" i am a single mom with four children. when i ran away from my husband and tagged my kids with me. it was not that easy to feed and to pay the rent and to juggling jobs and be a mom. family and friends did their share for me to start. now that i can say that i can stand on my own.... every once in a while i pay it forward. i know that i can not pay them so i try to help others. i told my children to help in any way they can too.
I love your response given. I pay it forward everyday I can.
So far we are just cutting back and learning to live with out. We have changed our ideas of what is necessary and what isnt. I am enjoying all the new things I have learned in the process. I dont know what tomorrow will bring but I will take what life gives me and deal with it then.
@Raven1 (577)
I'm a single mom with a 4 year old daughter. When I left my ex-husband I worked full time at a bank and worked part time in a pizza bar on the weekend in the evenings. My mom looked after my little girl and I hardly ever got to see her. During the day on weekends, I wrote articles and content both online and offline. I did anything I could do (legally) to make sure I was providing a home for my daughter. When my writing income got high enough, I quit the pizza bar job and asked my boss at the bank for more education on investing and saving. I learned everything I could from them and then I followed that advice, investing every cent I could find in order to make my money work for me. Now I work full time as a freelance writer. I spend all my time with my daughter. That ONE year of working really hard and educating myself on ways to make extra money through wise investments and careful planning means I'll never have to go through this ever again.