Play me for a fool ........... Here, I'll help you

@makingpots (11928)
Did you ever know someone was trying to play you for a fool and you went along with it? How did it end up? Was the joke on them? Got any great stories to share about it? Make us laugh!!
My story's not great, it's kind of pathetic, really. But, I was young, very young, so....what can I say, I thought the guy would change?Pfffftttt!!!!! But you know what, in the end, the joke was on him. He missed out on the best wife, and mother of his children that he could have ever hoped for. What? You want details? Just the usual girl falls in love, guy was a player. Girl got hurt, guy disappeared........yeah, told ya it was pathetic.*LOL*
You callin me loose, Scoop?*L*
@makingpots (11928)
Ah, not pathetic, Bo. Scoop's right, his loss! Believe it or not it might have been worse on your best friend at the time then it was you. My high school best friend dated the guy in school that everyone had a crush on, also a player. It killed me to help her through every time he hurt her. Many a night spent sharing a half gallon of ice cream and crying over this guy. I introduced her to the guy she has now be married to for 25 years and shares 3 children with. We have more than made up for all the tears by laughing at all the memories. Life is funny, we have to laugh at it.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
I do believe he was Bo! Do you think we could make silk purses out of his sow's ears? ROFL
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
i have been played for a fool many times but i don't think they are funny stories more like sad stories.
@makingpots (11928)
Oh, my bad, ANTIQUELADY, it was not my intention to bring up sad memories. I was hoping for laughs.
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
that's o.k. hope u got laughs from somebody. lol
@jillhill (37354)
Yes. And it's a long and on going story...too much to write here....but as we type to each other now it's still going on.....but you are right. The joke is on her!
@makingpots (11928)
My sister, 5 years older and relentlessly mean to me all my childhood, was the brunt of many of these jokes throughout my youth. My family would help me set up elaborate schemes to help me leave the joke on her. We are now 43 and 48 and she STILL tells me I'm spoiled because everyone always helped me. Pfffft, I tell her she a bitter old hag who grew up with nothing but meanness in her bones. We kid, of course. As much as I swore I hated her, she was my best friend for most of my life.
Yes, I certainly do. I think there are so many things that factor into that and that you need to be aware of them. I guess there are many people are willing to do that and that you need to think about why you are going to do that. I think there are alot of ways you can do it.
@makingpots (11928)
Yes, it is good to be wise to people.
@dpk262006 (55811)
Once on the April Fools day i.e. on April first, I went to buy some vegetables fromt the vegetable market. As I stopped in front of a shop, my eyes glued to a five Rupees coin, which was lying there on the floor. As is the human instinct, I bent down to take the coin, but to my surpise it did not come out and I could not detach it from the surface. Soon, I saw the shopkeeper was laughing, he said "Sir, it is first April and we are making fool of others and you landed in our trap." I felt so embarassed to know that they made fool of me, when public was around. It was not that Rupees five coin would have made me richer, it is a human nature to get hold of any currency bill or coin, if it is lying on the floor........LOL!
@makingpots (11928)
ROFL. Sorry to laugh so hard at you, dpk, but I have been witness to this very gag taking place. It was the hardest I had laugh in my life up to that point. So funny except for the person who bends to pick up the coin.
@dpk262006 (55811)
In fact I wanted to make you [b]laugh out very very loud and (I also wish) your laughter should not stop.................. therefore, I shared the experience with you. No need for saying sorry..........we are here for making others laugh and making them feel glad........... Deepak
@makingpots (11928)
Well, thanks very much then, Deepak. I got a very good laugh out of it.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Let's see..........how about the time the hubs and I were in our local park, lying on our backs in the cool grass. We'd just started dating and I thought he was the cat's a*s. Anyway, we're looking up into the sky watching the hawks circling way way up high. He says to me "See that hawk? Isn't he magnificent?" So I look and can barely make him out, but who am I to argue right? So I say "Yeah" (real original! LOL) Then he says "Only thing wrong is the two missing tail feathers". I about choked! All I could think of to say was "Oh man, I gotta get my eyes checked!" Yeah, I'm a real fun date! ROFL
@makingpots (11928)
Lol. But you've kept him in stitches since then, I'm sure.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
I try! LOL
@James72 (26832)
I can share a practical joke played on a work colleague of mine many years ago, but I wasn't involved other than knowing firsthand about it and helping with some of the finer details! The colleague in question was a real chauvinist. He'd always make suggestive comments to the female staff in the office and tread so close to the lines of decency at times that the women got sick of it all and decided to get their own back. This was a Real Estate firm, so they arranged a "prospective client" to come and mett with him to discuss the purchase or rental of a commercial property in the City. This "client" was actually a stripper and was an attractive brunette that they had dressed up in a stylish suit, with briefcase in hand and all the trimmings. Well, he met with this "client" in the boardroom to show her the portfolio and bit by bit she started to undress while he was talking with her. To cut a long story short, he basically damn near peed his pants and the women in the office burst in and took his picture with the half naked "client" standing next to him! He was a damn site more respectful to the women in the office after this, believe me! We gave him hell about this for months! lol.
@makingpots (11928)
Classic!! One of the best I've ever heard. I love it!
@jillmalitz (5132)
I could write a book, LOL! My kids were great at this. I usually let them go on and on until they hung themselves. I had the last laugh. One time my when my daughter was a teen, she took my car out for a "joyride" one night. She changed the radio, the seat and did not notice my trip odomenter. She thought I would not notice. Yeah, easy listening music changed to hard rock, her long legs put the seat back, gas usage... Yet she insisted she didn't do anything.
@makingpots (11928)
Haha. My son is still just 4 yet, but signs show I will have a lifetime of these times with him. Teeth black, his sweet little lips covered in black crumbs....... "Did you sneak an oreo cookie", "NO". Hee, I kept a watch for when he needed to potty again and walked in with him as he caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror. He started to cry, which was not my intention, but it told me he understood his wrong. We had very few words about it because I knew he knew.
@cupid74 (11397)
• Pakistan
Hmmmmmm why dont u sharte some story so otherws can be encouraged otherwise u know who would like to share story that they were Fooled
@makingpots (11928)
Well, I really missed the mark with this one, cupid. I have been discouraging and caused another to remember sad memories. I live on to start another hopefully more successful discussion some day.