Oh Stop Saying That Already...Shut Up Will Ya??

@pyewacket (43962)
Well just when I thought I had conquered those annoying, pesky, flashing banner ads here at mylot by clicking the escape key that freezes them, now I'm being bombarded with the talking one. Not only does it blink..and no this time the escape key doesn't freeze it, in a loud booming voice it shouts at me "Congratulations You Won" Like SHUT THE FRICK UP ALREADY...every single friggin page I go to on here now I'm getting that. Are you getting that too? Guess I'll have to keep my sound off from now on
@gabs8513 (48803)
I do not get any of this at all as I have Firefox with all the security and best on it is the Script one as you have to allow things like that and if you don't they do not come up
@pyewacket (43962)
That's weird as I also have Firefox...also have Safari as I have a Mac computer..so wonder why I'm getting it...I haven't downloaded the newest version of Firefox...think I still have the old one...have to check
@gabs8513 (48803)
Do not download the 3.06 Version as it freezes the Computer and you need to download the Add ons which is Script and that will stop them
@pyewacket (43962)
Yes my version is the Firefox/2.0.0.3 version...mmm..so guess I won't download the newer one...don't want my computer to keep freezing..thanks for the tip
I have not seen such banners in this site , i have seen them in a few sites that i browse so well but i always keep my sound off so well not a problem for me
@pyewacket (43962)
You're lucky then
@guybrush (4662)
Hahahaa! I get the one which goes 'HeLLLOOOOOOOO!' - and the weird thing is, it sounds just like my Mum! Every time I hear it, I think she's in the room with me! Makes me jump!
@guybrush (4662)
It is REALLY weird, isn't it? I know exactly how you must have felt - worse for you, seeing as your Mum really WOULD have been a paranormal experience. It's uncanny how that voice sounds exactly like them! (Makes me wonder ... maybe we really ARE hearing our mothers and that voice is different for everyone who hears it ... spooky, eh?) Still, I wish it would stop doing it - even now, it makes me jump every time - my Mum says HeLLLLOOOOO in exactly the same way!
@pyewacket (43962)
I actually did hear her voice one time while she was still alive. Her last year of her life she was in and out of the hospital and always had a lot of tests being done. (she had cancer)---One day she had one of those real early morning appointments to go to...I was still sleeping when she left as I didn't have to be up until later on. well I was not in a deep sleep yet not wide awake either, and clearly heard her voice..."I'm scared." Can't help thinking she was genuinely scared and her thought came to me
@nanajanet (4437)
I just keep my sound off and that takes care of that. I rarely put my sound on when on the internet for that very reason. If and when I want sound, I just turn it on.
@nanajanet (4437)
I have it on my Myspace but it does not automatically play. I find that players and other such things slow down page loading and some people who have slower computers really have problems with that. Thank goodness for the mute button!! LOL (I know some people whom I wish I could use it on, too!!!)
@pyewacket (43962)
Mute button for people..yup can relate to that, like my friend in California whose idea of a short phone conversation is three hours.
@Aussies2007 (5339)
Nope... I am not getting those banners. But if I do... I'll have to leave mylot... because my dial up connection won't be able to handle it.
@pyewacket (43962)
I didn't realize those banners affect people on dial-up
Not only I am on dial up... but my connection is only 26 kbps... because I am in the bush and too far away from the exchange. I cannot watch any video on the Net. Cannot even listen to a song. So if you have a banner doing any of the above... my connection won't be able to open the page and let me respond to your discussion... because the banner is stealing my bandwidth. I reckon the reason that I am not seeing the banner... is because mylot was smart enough to not send it to people on dial up.
@Opal26 (17694)
Hey pye! Isn't that just great? We all won! We should all take them up on their winning offer at once and make them give us all that wonderful gift! Yeah right! I have had to turn my sound off again! Yes, it is driving me insane between the blinking and the talking I can't take it! I thought we were done with that but it's back again! I was liking it being gone and quiet! I will just keep the sound off and try to ignore the blinking in my face!
@pyewacket (43962)
Wouldn't it be great if we really did win...we'd never have to worry about money ever again!
@zandi458 (27954)
No, I can't see it pye. The only advert I see everyday is 'Now you have 1 new message' placed just beside mylot name. I never open to see what kind of message am getting.
@sedel1027 (17868)
I don't get it EVERY page ut I get it on a lot of the pages. MyLot is definitely one of the main reasons I started shutting the sound off on my PC.
@pyewacket (43962)
Yup, I guess I'm going to have to keep my sound off for now on...I'll just have to remember I DO have it off when I want to hear something somewhere else
@Lakota12 (42794)
so far no but I do get the flashing nes I just try to close my eye to them.
@raydene (9875)
I don't seem to get them much. I do get annoyed with the ones that you mouse over inadvertently and they pop out covering what you are reading! Too much tech here for me to keep up with..lol xoxoxooxxo
@Thoroughrob (11771)
After you started this discussion, I turned my sound on, and yes I am. I mostly leave my sound off, so I had not noticed. I do find the flashing ones quite annoying.
I do not like the ones which say "Hello" several times. The fist time I head it it scared me I thought someone was in my home.
@faith210 (11233)
Hi pyewacket! I haven't conquered the banners yet and I think if I will be able to conquer that, the voice will follow soon! Yikes! That will surely shocked me everytime it will shout that I won! lol.. Take care and blessings my friend! lovelots..faith
I've had my sound of because of mylot for months now. I only turn it on when I WANT to hear something in particular. Remember the smiley face that said, "hello". It took me awhile to figure out where it was coming from. Like, DUH?! What you are going through would seriously drive me nuts.
@hotsummer (10300)
i don't notice those banners any more . maybe when you are on a home page. but lately i don't notice those annoying banners any more every time to look for discussions to post on. though i really don't hate those banners. i just got surprised every time i will hear a sound. and i was trying to trace where those sound coming from and will be surprised to find it out that it is coming from this site. anyways, it is quite annoying as you have said but still i can bear with it as long as it would not slow down my webpage downloading. i do like seeing banners sometimes cause i find them funny with those funny sounds i get to hear from them.
@littleowl (7157)
Hi Pye, I keep the sound off when on here its not worth the hassle listening to those talking smilies...they annoy me too if anything should be take of here it is those...bb littleowl
@eaforeman6 (8983)
I do turn the sound off. That is so annoying..lol It did it one night like 5 times in a row....sheeeeeeeeeesh give us a break here. Its way over doing the advertizing...we got it the first time lol
@alindahaw (1219)
Yep I get those things too and they are quite annoying to say the least. I already turned off the sound on my computer to get rid of those things. Those dancing banners are rather annoying too and they don't go away even if you hit the escape button. I hope they will not put so much of these things on every page.
@bunnybon7 (30980)
• Holiday, Florida
yes i usually remember to turn mine off once im out of pogo. but if i forget it just p.o.s me when its really quite late at night and all of a sudden it yells out at you and you bout jump out of your skin
@catdla1 (6005)
Yes those are sooooooooo annoying! Especially in the middle of the night, when the house is quiet, and the noise gets the dogs barking. I leave my sound off now too. So, now I have to scroll quickly down (gets the top flashers off the page quickly) and if I forget the sound, I'm asking for a heart attack. I've even started noticing flashing signs on the side now too......