Do you are do you know someone who collects Lighthouses?

We love nautical things in our home and we collect everything from Lighthouses to ship wheels. Do you like to collect lighthouses? Do you like nautical things. I love to have a be achy feel to my house and it adds to its charm.
@sandymay48 (2031)
I think you and I have a lot of similar likes...I love the beachy look!..In fact, when my daughter wanted her home redone, I talked her into doing a beachy theme..We painted her walls a beach house blue...you probably know the blue I mean...We did white and sandy brown accents...she has dolphins and lighthouses everywhere, and we covered her ceiling in a white fishermans net and added sea shells and sea things...also put a shell candle as the centerpiece on her table. I told her all we needed to do was sprinkle sand on the floor and add water and we would be all set!!..lol...(she didnt agree with that part!) Since our province is famous for lighthouses...Yes I love them and all things nautical...Its hard not to living on a seacoast!
That's sounds beautiful. Yes it does sound like we have a lot of similar likes. I did the fisherman's net over our bed once and I added sea shells and starfish. I love all that nautical stuff and so does my husband. We both grew up and lived most of our lives in beach towns so thats what we like. Unfortunately where I live know its 50 plus miles to the beach.
The net over the bed is a great idea, except with my luck, the shells would fall down on my head!!...lol... Well I guess living that far from the beach gives you a bigger sense of appreciation when you do get a chance to go back. I cant wait for summer here so I can go too!!
@ElicBxn (60692)
my sister has decorated her kitchen with light houses so, I made a beaded banner last year for her of a light house for her kitchen no, I didn't have a pattern, tho I did sort of look at one in the catalog, I decided instead I would make my own light house - or actually, I patterned my light house in my banner after the light house on Long Beach Island. If they had one at Point Pleasent Beach I'd've probably done that one, but they don't. Long Beach Island, in New Jersey, is where my uncle used to stay when he and his wife used to visit their son and where my family stayed when we went to visit him in the spring of 2002. http://www.longbeachisland.com/history.html
I have been there and saw the lighthouse. I am orginally from New Jersey and lived on the shore most of my life.
@ElicBxn (60692)
cool maybe not the fanciest light house, but it had more meaning than one of the others I put a wave on it and I put some of the roses on it as well - I liked the roses
@savypat (20247)
I love the nautical feel in a home. I wish I had room for it, but we do have several large glass jars filled with shells to enjoy
I love shells, I have a really nice huge Conch shell in my living room. I got that on my trip to Jamacia. They would go out on a small boat and dive for conch shell and I believe I paid $10.00 for it.
@ersmommy1 (12600)
My mom-in-law collects them. We got her a few for Christmas. She likes those, and angels too. Been looking at a lighthouse bed spread to get for her too.
My husband got me into the lighthouses. When I met him I collected small boats and other nautical things and he collected lighthouses.
@ANTIQUELADY (36489)
believe it or not that's one thing i don't collect but i do like them. have friends that collect them. i need another collection about like i need another hole in my head.
I am like you I have many different types of collections. I use my the beachy things to give my home a nautical feel.
@TnWoman (1896)
hello moneymommy my Mom's next door neighbor's wife collects lighthouses. she has all kinds of different items in her house that has a lighthouse on it. she has a beautiful collection of lighthouses going in her house. my folks have even purchased her a Christmas gift before with a lighthouse on it. but i have one small picture that i have hanging in my hallway that has a beach scene on it but it has no lighthouse in the background of it. i have had in the past years before thou a wall calendar that had a different lighthouse on it for each month of the year. some of the photographs on the calendar were just beautiful looking. some collector's plates being displayed in someone's collection would be an awesome addition to their existing collection. take care and have a beautiful day today!
Last year I had the lighthouse calendar hanging my kitchen. This year I have a cat calendar hanging in there. Doesn'T really go with my nautical theme but thats OK.
@maximax8 (27045)
I live on the edge of a coastal town and it is so lovely to live just three miles from the sea. There are two islands off the coast and one of them has a lighthouse on it. I love to see lighthouses and I am very keen on traveling. I have seen a lighthouse at Cape Reinga in New Zealand, the one at Byron Bay in New Zealand and the one at the edge of Portugal. I always take a photo when I see a lovely looking lighthouse. My son's room has a nautical theme and he many sea animal toys. The room is painted blue to be like the sea. I met a Canadian girl that collects lighthouses. Myself, well I collect costume dolls from around the world.