need new family recipes!

@stacyv81 (5904)
I need some recipes for dinner... tired of the same old stuff please not too difficult... Or crazy ingredients..lol I would love for you to share your fave family recipes!! I have 3 kids 1, 2 and 5 and their dad and I!
@foxyfire33 (10009)
Since your kids are still little probably anything pasta related is easy. A twist on boring mac and cheese...add a can of tomato soup, the condensed kind with only a bit of water (assuming it's a family sized 9x13 dish). Pop it in the oven for just long enough to get all melty and gooey. Cheese burger pie is a fun way to sneak in some veggies...prepare ground beef meatloaf style in the bottom of a pie plate (or 9x9) with diced carrots and chopped up potatoes, put a layer of instant potatoes on top of that (or real mashed potatoes if you have the leftovers), you can mix in some corn if you like but corn never liked my youngest so I skip that when feeding him even though he loves corn, then mix up some Bisquick to a consistency thicker than pancakes but not quite as thick as biscuits and spread that across the top. Oh, forgot the cheese...that goes in between the meat and the potatoes for best results but on top of the potatoes works also...as long as it's in there somewhere LOL. Bake it until the top looks like biscuits would. My latest "sucess story" seemed way too obvious, I can't believe we hadn't done in a long time...tortillas, refried beans, and shredded cheese. Of course, tortillas with any topping/filling can make for a fun, easy, and kid friendly meal. But that meals was great because of the price...4 tortilla/burrito/whatever they were for $2. We made a total of 8, how often can you make a family sized main dish for $4?! Well ok I guess it depends on the dish because spaghetti is only about $3, but it's also messy and boring because it's one of the cheapest ways to feed a family. But that does remind me of a twist for spaghetti sauce...it's way more economical in the summer but chunks of yellow squash and zuchini are really good in spaghetti sauce.
Recipezaar.com has plenty of simple recipes. When I look for recipes there, I start with the ones that are the highest rated. You can even search based on ingredients alone, so you don't to worry about anything too outlandish.
@daneg33 (1131)
I thought one of the rules of Mylot was to NOT post recipes. Am I wrong?