Have you had a cold or the flu this year?

I have not had the cold or flu this year at all and thats so shocking. Last year I was sick all the time. I think it maybe because I have been out of work and not in contact with alot of sick people. My children have come home sick but I for some reasons was lucky enough not to get it. Have you been sick this year?
@jpso138 (7868)
Luckily I have never experienced such situation despite the weather. I am glad to be well and hope that I will continue to be fine. My son had some cough and cold just recently but he is better now. Best to you!
So far I have been lucky hope the rest of the season we remain lucky too.
@Marcola (2776)
I haven't been sick at all this year. In fact, I can't even remember the last time I was sick. All I have to deal with are allergies. I guess I've been fortunate.
@derek_a (10902)
Yes, I had the 'flu this year but it did not manifest like I expect it too. It was more about pain in my back muscles than chest or other infection and it lasted weeks. It started at Xmas and it is only now that it seems to be clearing up completely. :-) Derek.
@Chevee (5915)
I very seldom get sick with a cold or flu. And I hope I am not bringing and bad luck with answering this discussion. I lost my job and my health benefits back in December of last year. I hope I don't get sick anytime soon.
@ElicBxn (60895)
I've been sick twice already, don't know where the first one came from but the roomie gave me the second one. Not sure where she got it tho
@mscott (1924)
It is only February so I have been lucky to not have any really sickness or illness yet this year. We have a long way to go though and I am sure I will get something. Colds are just a natural thing and more annoying. Getting the flu is much worse at least in my opinion.
@cream97 (29166)
Yes, I have.. And so have my three kids as well. We all had pneumonia.. It started a couple days right before New Year's Eve.. And in January, I had to take all two of my daughters to the doctor. They both had to get shots.. They had blood drawn and they were placed on Antibiotics. They were given cold and cough medicine. And my youngest daughter had to be on an nebalizer to help her breathe. She would get this treatment for a course of three days.. My other daughter did not need it.. Everytime that they would eat, they would throw up. So, they both had to be placed on a strict diet that consisted of gingerale, jello, hot soup.... They finally got better about two weeks later.. I was so sick that I lost my voice.. I had the sore throat for about a week and a half.. I was so sick as a dog.. And did I mention that I had a fever along with the Flu? My kids did too. I believe that their fever lasted more than mines.. I took some Theraflu Warming Effects, the Sore Throat Formula.. They did not help.. Talk about being sick.. I had my share of mines.. I wish to never be that sick again, and especially my kids either!
@TnWoman (1896)
hello moneymommy i haven't had the flu this year or a cold but both of my sons and myself have been sick on and off this winter with some kind of a virus. stomach aches, headaches, cold then hot, throwing up and diaherrea to go along with it. the virus that we all had a few weeks ago was just awful. then all of the washing of the laundry, and bed linens and cleaning the bathroom up and washing the bathroom rugs and having to smell awful odors again in having to wash the dirty laundry back up. ewww. i just do not know how that we can catch a cold or flu or get sick like that in the first place. there is nothing like feeling good for the day versus being sick having something wrong with ya. take care and have a beautiful afternoon.
@camomom (7536)
I get everything that anyone around me get's. I hate to say it but I think you probably jinxed yourself with this discussion. Stay healthy!!!
@teka44 (3425)
• Brazil
Hi money. No, not yet thanks God LOL. I have cold and flu only in the winter time when the cold time start. It means that I have this only once a year. After the beginning of winter I'm fine all the time. I think that change of temperature isn't good for me LOL. Hugs friend.