Do you do your own?

@ersmommy1 (12605)
taxes. Yep that time of year again. So who uses H&R Block, or Jackson Hewitt? Or do you sit down mulling over a years worth of receipts? Or maybe you use computer software. Like that Turbotax I've seen advertised.
@kbourgerie (8775)
I used Turbo Tax. They got me the best refund I've ever gotten and my state refund was in my bank account within 2 weeks, my federal within three. I was very impressed.
@ersmommy1 (12605)
My hubby is apparently considering the same thing. Glad it worked out for you.
@villageanne (8579)
We do our taxes online but we do not use H&R block. We usually get taxes back so it is not too much of an inconvience but this year we have not done them yet. I hope we do not own them money as I don't know where we would get it. Times are rough around our community these days. I save my receipts so that does make it easier when they are all in one place.
@missybal (4492)
I do my own, always have... hey I'm not paying for something I can do myself. I'm lucky to have a mom and grandma who have done taxes for years for others so they answer any questions I have.
I usually use Turbotax. I used to go to H&R block but that hasn't been in yrs. My mom used to do them for me when I was say 19ish but then she messed up and I had to pay money back!! So then I went to H&R block and they totally ripped me off and I will not go there ever again. As I had lost my job that one yr and like a goof I cashed out my 401k thinking.... hey we just bought a house, he wants me to stay home, how are we going to manage ect KWIM? My bill was like $250+ for like 30 min of their time! OUTRAGIOUS! Normally we have an easy simple return & I do turbotax. Though this yr I had a lil bit of capitol gains to figure out... I hope I did it correctly. **crossing fingers**
Not usually. I was considering using tax software this year. I'm not entirely convinced that paying for someone else to enter my tax information into a computer is really helping me.
@lilcee (2704)
My husband does our taxes. He uses Turbotax. It' a lot easier than doing it ourselves.
@janyen (624)
• Netherlands
i do not know in the case of my husband but i think it is his work who will do it for them. but with me, i do not have any taxes to pay at the moment coz i am staying at home.
Tax time Again - Save and do it yourself
I do my own taxes. I refuse to pay an arm & a leg for someone else to do them for me. Plus I know is little bit about doing them myself I worked for Jackson Hewitt for 2 years I took classes on how to do it on paper plus on the computer. But I do enjoy doing taxes. Plus I can get it just as fast as the Tax Preparation companies.
@katsmeow1213 (28707)
I did mine online and H&R Block's website. I paid $30 to e-file my state returns, but the federal was free. I've already gotten my federal rebate this past Friday, and I'm getting my state rebate this coming Thursday so the website says.