Paypal

@dfollin (12510)
Once before this happened.Everytime I use my bank account as a back up for my paypal account they deny a purchase I am attempting to make.Then they process purchases that I did not make and my bank account goes into the negative and I end up with bounce fees.This is the second time this has happened with paypal. Has this ever happened to you with paypal?
@Bebs08 (10690)
I am just thankful it did not happen to me. That is the main reason also I am not using my paypal to by anything online. I don't that thing to happen that I will be charged on the things I did not buy. I often heard that from people who are using paypal to bug stuff online like, the bought stuff on ebay or somewhere else and they got some other charges that they never have ordered. I don't understand why it happened like that. why not contact paypal? maybe they can answer that..
@dfollin (12510)
I did contact paypal and was told that they do not know why except for maybe because I have not had a lot of transactions go thru my account recently.
@Bebs08 (10690)
Oh reallY? does it mean that they are not responsible for that transaction sharing you with the amount you did not use? That's not good.. because that is not what they promise in their policy. They said, we are safe in paypal then why is that?
I thnk u need to verify the paypal account before u go any furthry happy lotting and have a nice day
@dfollin (12510)
My account with paypal is verified.
I thnk u also need to link some kind of bank account w/ it
@dfollin (12510)
See,that is the problem,my bank account is linked with it and they processed 2 transaction that I did not verify and they have caused my bank account to go negative.
@laydee (12814)
Perhaps there's a problem with the relationship of your bank and paypal. Though, I couldn't really say because I haven't tried using my bank account as back up, I only use my bank account as a receiving bank for the earnings I have online. Why don't you try resolving it with paypal or your bank? Perhaps you should find another back up then. Hope you'll fix or find a solution for those hassles in life. Happy Mylotting!
@dfollin (12510)
Thanks.But no one is working with me. Paypal,just asks me how the company got my paypal info.I told them that I did not know,but it is strange that both the withdrawls were from 2 different company names that had the same phone number in the paypal details.They said that I am the one who has to call them to get my money back.But paypal will not return it to my bank or confirm to my bank that the purchases were not authorized.
@laydee (12814)
Oh!!! How could they not assist you?! it's their system that's wrong!
@dfollin (12510)
I don't know.I am calling them back today.I have already talked to 4 different people there.I am really getting irritated.
@terri0824 (4991)
Sorry this has happened to you. Is your checking account verified thru paypal. Did you have the appropriate funds in your paypal account. I haven't had this happen to me. I have made online purchases through paypal and I haven't had any problems. I would think they should refund the monies though and reimburse your fees if they are wrong.
@dfollin (12510)
No,I had the sufficient amount of funds for the order that I did place in my bank account that backs up my paypal account.But,I did not have enough money in either account to cover the 2 transactions that transpired that were fraudulent.I asked paypal why they did not process my first transaction even after I called them which made me have to get a ride to my bank and withdraw the money and buy a money order and mail it to the company.They said that they processed those two transactions before they got the funds from my back up as a courtesy to me.Some courtesy!
No this did not happen to me. I think your bank's server is not accepting the request of paypal give a complaint to the bank and i think you can get it done.
@dfollin (12510)
I did complain to the bank and they said that paypal needed to call them and let them know that those transactions were not approved by me and paypal refuses to have any correspondence with them.It is noit the banks fault,paypal is the one who processed 2 transaction I did not make,but refussed to make the one I did make.
The answer to that is I'm not sure. I did have some difficulty with the account associated with paypal, but I think I may have overspent so I really dont know what the odds are with a paypal account. It is something else. I think that they are OK with my bank account. I havent paid as close attention as I should have.
@dfollin (12510)
Since they processed 2 orders I never even made I have overspent then.
@jstmarfz (1499)
I would suggest that you contact the Paypal admin regarding that matter. I haven't experienced things like that though I had an unauthorized transaction made by someone luckily Paypal is really helpful. If it happens to you twice already, it is about time for you to talk to the people in paypal so that it will be resolved.
@dfollin (12510)
I have contacted them.
@Polly1 (12649)
No this has never happened to me. I have my bank account but I also have my credit card attached to my paypal. If you have troubles with paypal it might be a good idea to call them on the phone. I have had to call them several times, they are always very friendly and helpful. Good luck with getting it all figured out, them bank fees can be high.
@dfollin (12510)
I did call them and was told that I have to get that company to refund me the money,but they will not give it back to my bank or confirm that they were unauthorized payments.My credit union is starting to not believe me because this is the second time that it has happened.The payment that I was trying to get to go thru and didn't was because paypal said that they did not know why,but it was probably because I did not have a lot of money going thru my paypal account.I am only getting my myLot funds coming in and for the previous 6 months I had nothing because my computer had broke.I had my bank account backing up the card because not having a car it is hard to get out and go to the bank and get my money when my social security check comes in.But,I have a paypal debit card.
@lilybug (21148)
I have never had this problem before. My only problem I have ever had is when I go to the gas station I cannot prepay for my gas or it will charge my card TWICE. I have had that happen to me two separate times. I will not go to a gas station where I have to prepay if I am using my PayPal card.(It won't work at the pump for some reason.)