She did it! I was so surprised!!!

@ersmommy1 (12605)
I have been working with her on it for MONTHS! Several times she almost had it. She'd come close, but not quite get it. And the funny thing is I can't even take credit. This morning my daughter tied her shoes. A little boy from her class showed her a trick that I didn't know and BAM! She did it. Have you ever been caught off guard when your kids accomplish a goal?
@sudalunts (5527)
My son caught me off gurard when he was trying to learn to ride a bike. He tried and tried all day one day. He was about five, he fell, he sweated, he cried, but he was determined that he was going to get the hang of it. Well, lo and behold I happened to look out of the kitchen window to see what he was doing, and there he was, he had won the battle. How great that you daughter can now independently tie her shoes.
@mtdewgurl74 (18122)
Wow! I would like to know that trick I have been trying to teach my little sister also but she can't get the hang of it like she is all thumbs. So it would be neat to learn how he did it so I can maybe show her and easier way then over bunny ears and around the tree...
Well, congratulations to her for the little life's accomplishment. That's a nice trick that she learned, tying her shoes. It can be hard to pick up for some children. It is interesting that she figured it out with a little help from a classmate. Kudos for her.
That is of course,erch child is giver us a once caught by surprise you!Still remember the first time my daughter will tied her shoes when a short thick finger,it seems that is not successful,but ultimately successful,she is my Angle.
@lilybug (21182)
Good for her! Now send her over hear to teach my 9 year old that trick. He still can't tie his shoes. He can tell you how he just can't actually do it. I have made it too easy on him though by letting him wear shoes that don't tie his whole life.
@lisa0502 (1726)
My kids always amaze me. I have raised eight kids and they have always done stuff that makes me wounder. It sure is a great day when they accomplish something. My daughter tends to mirror my son as she is a year younger than him. So she has learned a lot from him over the years. Like her printing she learned a year before she went into kindergarten. All because he knew how and she just had to learn.
Cheers to that!!I,too,have been caught off guard by some of my daughter's "firsts".It may not mean much to other people,but for the parents,it is something to be proud of.It's one of the joys of parenthood...one of those things that will just make you smile every time it crosses your mind. Thanks for sharing your daughter's accomplishment.It surely made me smile. Happy mylottin!
@royal52gens (5380)
I have four children. They are either adults or teens now. But I cherish the memories of the day each of them learned to tie their shoes. It was a huge accomplishment. Yes, they have all caught me off guard many times over the years.