health and hospitals

@riyasam (16582)
some people dont go to the hospitals,when they are not feeling well.hospitals come into picture,when they have passed the stage of curing.(allopathic medicines do have its limitations) and then everything is blamed on the doctors.why do you think this trend is going on???
@dpk262006 (55919)
You may call it their lake of awareness, those who do not wish to be treated in hospitals. Some of the modern day diseases cannot be cured merely by taking oral medicines at home. Sometimes hospitalisation becomes necessary for a patient so that injectible medicines could be administered to him for his quick recovery. Even in a simple case of dyhederation, one is required to be admitted in a nursing home or a hospital, so that he could be administered the doses of gulucose through injections/drips. The people who belong to old school of generation still believe that if one is being admitted to a hospital, his condition might deteriorate and among many patients, Doctors will not care about him and ultimately he may not survive. Blaming the Doctors, if anything unfortunate happens, I think, is not a good attitude. Afterall, a Doctor is also a human being, he can also commit some mistakes and errors of judgement, we should have 'faith' on our Doctor(s). I firmly believe that no Doctor wants that his patient's condition gets deteriorated due to his treatment. Good Post!
@riyasam (16582)
hello deepak,you are right in your thoughts but medical profession has become a buisiness(some ) but i think the patients attitude is also to be blamed.nowadays,for every silly reason,doctors are being dragged to courts,so doctor also forgets his principles.
@dpk262006 (55919)
Recently, in a judgement Supreme Court has stated that Doctors should not be dragged to Court, there should be an expert panel to decide the fault of the Doctors, if any.
@dpk262006 (55919)
Many thanks for the best response, Riya!
@mayka123 (10126)
I think this would depend on how much faith the patient and thier family has on the doctor. Nowadays there are so many cases being reported in the press of the doctors giving wrong medications to their patients and just using the hospitals to make money that people have stopped trusting in the medical profession now. And the latest reports of doctors selling babies has made people vary of hospitals now.
@riyasam (16582)
yes ,you are right .experience has nade us wary of medical profession.theres so much of flith everywhere,medical profession has become another money making buisness now(very difficult to find doctors who are faithful and trustworthy)
Well, hospitals are expensive, and most people do not have health insurance. Also, a lot of men are proud, and they will not admit when they have a problem.
@riyasam (16582)
well.......this ego can cause a lot of problems.
Yes, it can, and you know what, it does. Most men usually hate going to the doctors because 9 times out of 10 those men are going to receive some bad news about something that they could have prevented if only they had gotten to a doctor sooner. I tell people that I know that, here in the Los Angeles area, we have free health care clinics and Medicare. They are willing to pay for people with no insurance, and they will insure that you get the care that you need. Honestly, if you need see a doctor, then see one.
Hello my friend riyasam Ji, Some people think that whatever hospital could do, tehy would bring hospital in their premises. which they do realize, after they are too late, by the time damage has alraedy been done . In fact, everyone should know and keep that hospital in mind, as and when need arises. In fact, we did 15 days exercise to find a good hospital, where our lone daughter would becomemother for teh first time. When we asked some of the Nursing homes (as Nursing home located nearby were on top priority), 'in case of emergency, where they would send my daughter'. Whatever they directed, we selected one of such hospital. I always feel to visit hospital, where all such superspecilities facilitites are available 24 hrs, and would recommand, if you are at banglaore. may god bless you and have a great time.
@riyasam (16582)
thanks for the responsei think what you said is right,a little bit of guidance in the right direction ,would help in alot of matters.
Hello my friend riyasam Ji, You have understood rightly. let's make use of each facility provided to save our life May god bless you and have a great time.
it's the fear of paying the hospital bills that keeps people from going to the hospital. Others also don't have trust in the doctors. Personally, I immediately ask the doctor's advice when something is wrong with our body especially if it's for my daughter's health. I don't self-medicate either.
@riyasam (16582)
much care has to be taken for kids,they develop complications earliar than adults.
@jimbo88 (231)
Maybe they think about the quality of service. in the present day too many doctors have limited knowledge. It can make people not believe with their capability.
@riyasam (16582)
thanks forthe response.
@biggerb (2030)
This is indeed a good topic.I do not mean to offend you, doctors. I would like to express the general opinion.Most doctors have become very commercial. I agree there are exceptions they are very considerate.The moment you go to them they give you a long list of tests to be done.They are very expensive.Many of the tests are quite unnecesssary.The patient is put to so much discomfort and financial strain too.Ofcourse for serious ailments tests are required.But for everything when tests have to done one gets fed up.Mainly for these reasons many avoid going to the hospital.They just take some pills that are recommended and if there is no cure and it becomes worse then they go to the hospital.
@riyasam (16582)
thanks for the discussion.i do love a healthy discussion.i think why doctors do a battery of tests is because some patients drag the doctors to court,if they miss a test.
@acevivx (1566)
Here in the Philippines, the number one reason fr people avoiding going to the hospitals is financial in nature. Hospitals are quite expensive and people would rather try self medication or resort to all those herbal cures rather than spend so much money. this explains why health supplements are becoming so popular. Medicine is so expensive that many people cannot afford to spend for it. And in many cases, when its too late then and only then do they go to the hospital. I sympathize with you doctors because you are indeed blamed even if you came into the picture only when its almost too late or too late to do anything.
@riyasam (16582)
thanks for the response and thanks for understanding our plight.
@silverjam (969)
Well I gues the most common reason for ill people not to go to hospitals is money. They don't have enough money to pay the hospital bills and to buy the medicines hence the cowarding away from hospitals. However, in most cases the situation would probably be risky when their condition is getting worst and they have to spend more. it would have been wise to go to the Doctors when an illness is being spotted; prevention is always better than cure.
@riyasam (16582)
thanks for the response,a prelimnary test with the family doctor is not expensive and would save troubles in the long run.
@bombshell (11268)
most reason is dont have enough money,if the feeling is acceptable no need doctor (i did that sometimes) and not all doctors are right riya
@riyasam (16582)
i do agree with you but people seem to think,doctors can do some magic and can do the impossible!!!
@cyberfluf (5005)
• Netherlands
I think it's mostly a financial thing and because people are scared what might be diagnosed when they go there, or that they get taken in on short notice and can't make arrangements for their kids, work, etc. Somehow we all feel inreplaceble when it comes to these things and it can be quite nasty finding out that you are (somewhat) replaceble. At least for things like work and such. A good insurance can cover a lot but still hospitals can be costly. I think that's the biggest trigger and fear is a good second.
@riyasam (16582)
i can relate to what you say,many people shun hospitals like plague.
@Bebs08 (10691)
Well, in my opinion, people don't go to the hospital because of the expenses. Doctors will really give you prescriptions even if it is juts an ordinary fever. The doctor's fee is expensive and the medicines are expensive too. People will just have home treatments until the time when they can no longer bear the pain, that's the time they will go to the doctor and sometimes it is too late. Just wish that there are government doctors that the poor people can come to when they are ill. That's the main reason why people will not go to the doctor, it;s because of the expense.
@riyasam (16582)
thats one of the reasons,ya,many doctors do charge exorbitant fees which the common man finds it difficult to afford.
@zandi458 (27953)
I think most people are ignorant of the seriousness of their illness and depend so much of over the counter medication purchased in the pharmacy which are sometimes quite effective for minor complains. Only when sickness is unbearable that the urge to seek treatment in hospital arises. You know what I hate about going to hospital is pricking of the needles to get blood samples and worse is when admitted to the ward, there seems to be never ending of blood test to find out the real cause of sickness.
@riyasam (16582)
blood tests is another deterring factor.(i know many peoplewh can go through operation but starts shivering on mention of blood tests.
@savypat (20248)
I think a lot of this is money and the feeling that the medical system is set up to make money not necessary to heal. Having been subject to just such treatment I now have a primary doctor who is also a herbal doctor. He know about natural product as well as modern meds and is aware of side effects. I still look on the internet before I take anything new.
@riyasam (16582)
i donot know whether making money is wrong,i think spending money on ones health is better than all the cosmetic implants available now.
@peavey (15808)
Hospitals are not for "not feeling well," they're for serious cases, when a doctor can't do anything more without access to more complex testing and patient supervision.
@riyasam (16582)
thanks for the response.
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
maybe they don't have insurance & can't afford the outrageous prices the doctors & hospitals charge, it is outrageous arond here as sure it is everywhere.
@riyasam (16582)
yes,here also going to hospitals is a costly affair.
dont you love how people blame EVERYONE but themselves?!?! that is why i dont put off the doctor (when i have insurance or money to pay) because you never know what may kill ya.. its their fault for neglecting themselves.. unless they seriously didnt have the money to get treatment etc
@winterose (39929)
why do you think it is going on? it is because they are either afraid of going to the doctor, they dont want to hear bad news or have to have an operation etc, or they don't think what they have is serious enough to see a doctor, or they just don't want to take the time to go and have to wait around all day to be seen, when they have to take time off of work etc.