When a bargain isn't a bargain--this really ticks me off!

@dragon54u (31635)
I needed some dryer sheets and I had always bought Kroger's brand because they worked very well and were cheap. Well, now they've replaced their brand with "Everyday Living" crap that leaves my clothes full of static! I have to use at least two sheets to eliminate the static so even though they were half the price of other brands I have to use twice as much. I'll go to Walmart next time and buy CuddleSoft, a really good dryer sheet at a great price. This was a relatively expensive lesson and I'm going to write to them and tell them how crappy their product is.
@cher913 (25890)
an so you should! i always complain if something isnt up to par, sometimes you even get a free item to replace it if you are lucky! this is because during these tough economic times, businesses cannot afford to 'tick people off'.
@dragon54u (31635)
They can afford to tick me off because I'm cheap and they're probably hoping to drive me to a more expensive brand. It won't work! When I washed my blanket yesterday I put 4 sheets in the dryer and that's how many it took to get rid of the static. GRRRRR!!!!
@kellyjeanne (1576)
It's really beyond me why manufacturers do this with products. Unless they do it on purpose to get more money out of us. I think it would be a very good thing to write to the company and let them know that you know what they are up to and it doesn't make you happy in the least and furthermore you are not buying their product anymore. That ought to get the message across. Hopefully, others have (and are) doing the same thing and the company will bring the original product back. Purrs, Catwoman=^..^= & Mija
@dragon54u (31635)
Well, it's all about money! The fact that a lot of GOOB sales aren't really closing their doors is old news but I just realized it! It all boils down to "consumer, beware!". They will do anything to part us from our money. It's nice to hear from you today, Sunday is your catch-up day? Or, like me sometimes, you're just going through to find those you've missed? Whatever, it's nice to "see" you!
@dragon54u (31635)
Oh geez, I'm sorry! I got this confused with another discussion. One of these nice people gave me the address for Kroger, just a hundred miles or so south of me. I'm awaiting a reply, I'm sure I'll get some kind of apology because that chain really thinks customer service is important--I know, I worked for them for a few months years ago. They don't usually have shoddy store brands-in fact, they're often as good or even better than the name brands!
LOL! Well, actually any day that I manage to get into myLot and have time to respond to posts is catch up day for me. LOL! That's why you may see such an influx of replies from me on certain days. My time online is crazy, you know! It's good to see you too my dear. I'm 2 cents away from making my first $10! Yipppeeeee!! Purrs, Catwoman=^..^= & Mija
@Thoroughrob (11750)
I bought some at Family Dollar that were like that also. I have started just adding a little conditioner to a damp rag and putting it in the dryer. I have used it on 4 loads so far, and it works. If you look on the box, it probably has a money back guarantee. I would get it.
@dragon54u (31635)
Do you mean you use hair conditioner in the dryer? I could try that, the cheap stuff is only $.99 or so and would be cheaper than dryer sheets! How much do you put on the damp rag?
@Thoroughrob (11750)
I use a couple of squirts and rub it into the rag. It gave the clothes a very nice smell also. I read it on one of the frugal sites. It really did not tell how much to put on, but that seems to work. I bought Suave conditioner.
@fasttalker (2797)
They are terrible! Here is the adress towrite to to file your complaint The Kroger Co. Manufacturing Division 1014 Vine St. Cincinnati, OH 45202 I wrote and got a $10.00 coupon for any Kroger store. Since then (which was about 2 months ago) I have received several coupons and even got a coupon for $0.05 off per gallon of gasoline from them. So don't just let it drop. Make sure you write out a complaint and mail it. I was very pleased with the customer service that I got. The dryer sheets stink but at at least they did handle the complaint very well LOL. I have been buying the All brand at Dollar General since I had this same experience that you have had and I like them. They are $1.39 a box so I prefer them to the CuddleSoft. Try them out and see what you think.
@dragon54u (31635)
Wow, THANKS! You saved me a lot of trouble, and I will go to Dollar General and try the All brand. I like All detergent because they make unscented but it's very expensive so I don't buy it. I'll write my letter and get new dryer sheets today!
Glad I could help. Good Luck and thanks for the BR
@sunshine4 (8708)
That is a good idea of you to write and complain to them. Maybe they will rethink their decision and come back with the original brand that you use to buy. I always use liquid fabric softener. Even the cheap kind works and I don't use as much as they suggest.
@dragon54u (31635)
I tried liquid once and the clothes came out all full of static. I tried putting some on a clean cloth and throwing it in the dryer--that was supposed to work but didn't. The sheets are the only thing that work for me.