Does your hubby or boyfriend like to give you suprises or disappointment

@mermaidivy (15415)
My hubby doesn't make surprises for me very much but disappointment is a bunch. I know he is not romantic so I hope something special will happen on some special days like X'mas, birthday, valetine's day etc, but disappointment comes over and over again... I like to make surprises for him a lot because I like to see him happy and smile :-) How about you guys? What kinds of suprises does he bring you?
@victorywp (3526)
actually, disappointment is also a surprise. LOL! but it's a negative surprise! i think that every husband or boyfriend should know the basic which is to give positive surprises to their spouse. as for me, i prefer to give surprises on normal days (not on everyday or on special days) because:- 1) that will be a real surprise for her 2) i don't have the ability to maintain a new surprise on an everyday basis 3) i don't afraid to have forgotten any special days (usually i will remember though)
@mermaidivy (15415)
haha it's true, I like to give him lots of surprises just in normal days to make me smile :-) Thank you for your response! :-)
@jesssp (2742)
My fiance likes to surprise me sometimes, but he isn't too sneaky so it doesn't always work out as he plans. He quite often comes home with flowers or dinner (or both) when he works late. He will surprise me with little gifts now and then which I think is cute. Nothing huge, often just little nick knacks or treats that he knows are my favorite. All in all I'm pretty lucky. The disappointments are few and far between and he is very considerate and caring.
@mermaidivy (15415)
Oh I'm so jealous. My hubby doesn't do it much. If he did, it must be the day I hit the lottery lol Thank you for your response! :-)
@Pitgull (1523)
My boyfriend surprises me daily. On special holidays, he always wants to do something, but I usually tell him it is just a commercial holiday and decide on something cheaper. We don't need to waste money on Vday, when I can stay home and love him just as much...and be fiscally responsible! I had an ex like what you are describing. I made stuff, pretty cool stuff I never thought I'd ever make....my surprises...yeah...he either stole or bought me stuff from Wal-Mart, that day. After being gone for 5 hours, saying he was shopping for my present. Yeah, right. Pathetic, and dumb. He obviously did not understand me, nor care about the time I spent for him, nor did he care. Funny, 2 years later I still get myspace friend requests from him, begging for a phone call. I am so much better off... But if he's loyal and true, give him a break. Some people think presents and gifts are superficial.... Maybe things are just tough lately...
@mermaidivy (15415)
that's sweet he givesa you surprises daily... Thank you for your response! :-)