two celebrities in just a day apart.

@winterose (39922)
Last night the black film director spike lee was speaking at our Concordia University here in Montreal for black history month, if he got more than 20,000 for his visit. If I had of known I would have gone to see him, Today President Obama is in Ottawa the capital of Canada for his first visit. He is here to talk about the continued progress with Canada and how we are important to help with his recession plans, we canadians love obama, and look for great relations with the USA during his time in Office. Have you ever met a celebrity, do you go visit if you know they are coming to your town or city? Do You even care?
@mobhomeir (7565)
Hello ma'm I miss your topics, where have you been these days? Hope you're doin' fine. Anyway, here you are again with your interesting topic we're going to discuss. For me,honestly I am only interested of my favorite musical celebrities, aside from that (except by coincidence) I never give a damn. Politicians? No way. I could listen their sweet promises from televisions and radios but told me to see those in person, just wasting my time not unless if they (politicians) would tell they would give money and goods for the poor..maybe I am the first person to see in front of them... Thanks ma'm you have a nice topic..keep it up..more power
@winterose (39922)
I am starting to write my third book, it was only going to be short story but it looks like it will be an actual book. also I have someone here who is not very nice and says negative things all the time to me, so that just destroys my joy of starting new topics.
@mobhomeir (7565)
Oh I see ma'm, I am sorry about that. I think the bottom line of our life here on mylot is, We can't please all people here, and for the sake of just mylotting we kust go on, leave all those sadness behind and positively face tomorrow...Cheer up ma'm you're not only the one who experienced it and yet they survived...
@mtdewgurl74 (18121)
I have never really met a real celebrity up close and personal but I would love too..You are so luck yo be having the President and others so close by. If he ever visited Kentucky I am sure he would never visit our small town of Paintsville. But I would try to go see him if I could, if he did.
@winterose (39922)
well the president was not close to me, he was in a different province, only spike lee was close by
I have never gone to an event, concert, political speech in an attempt to meet a famous person. I don't like crowds, I get very uncomfortable, which might be part of not going. I feel I can hear speeches, or see a singer or someone much better on TV. I have gotten to be a 'teachers angel' {helper} for a couple of Sewing Diva's. I have gone to expos, taken the classes, ect., in that way I have meet with 'famous' people. But, lol, unless you are a dedicated sewer you probably wouldn't have ever heard of them.
@winterose (39922)
cool hon,
i usually find out after they have left or its too late to get a seat to see them! i missed out on seeing hillary clinton and a few other people just because they took reservations for the seats that were free and the overwhelming response
@winterose (39922)
yep that is always the way with me too.
@underdogtoo (9599)
I don't really care for celebrities. I think they are overpaid and over-rated. Cheers!!
@winterose (39922)
thanks for your response
I met a few when they came to town for concerts and stuff....way too many to remember. Did you see my article on Gather? I offered the Americans a trade. We can keep Obama, and we can send them Stephen Harper! ;-) Not a bad idea. I'd love to get rid of Harper.
@winterose (39922)
NO I didn't see the article but I like it lol
@chertsy (3805)
Honestly, I wouldn't go out of my way to meet a celebrity. I see them as a person like myself, that just has more money than they can think of. I think it's good that Obama visited Canada. His popularity isn't so good here in the States, but people need to give his plan time to work. At least he's trying and not sitting back and doing nothing like Bush did. I am shocked that he's pulling troops out in 2010. We need to pull them out now, because honestly I don't see the good in keeping them there anymore.
@chertsy (3805)
I forgot to add, I never met a celebrity, but my husband has met a few. When he was a cook in the Navy, he got to cook for the former vice president Di*ck Cheney. Then when he was a Kitchen Manager for a few restaurants he cooked for a few pro football players, singers, and actors. He has met Charlie Daniels, Toby Keith, Crystal Gale, Trisha Yearwood, The guy that played Goober. Out of the pro football players a few wasn't as nice or smart as you would think they were.
@winterose (39922)
the american polls show nationally he is popular, so he has nothing to worry about
@chertsy (3805)
I really don't go by polls, I have been paying attention what people have been saying. A lot of it is down right racist in my opinion. People need to keep those comments to themselves and realize that it's 2009. I feel like I'm going back in time to the 60's. The country singer here named Trace Adkins (didn't spell that right), said it clear when he said Obama looks like a deer caught in the headlights. That for a man to go to bed each night with his countries troubles on his shoulders, and wakes up each morning trying to fix it. We as a nation needs to stop complaining and stand up and help the man. One person can't fix this country, but if each and every one did their part. We could get this country back on the right track. I
@wrangel15 (1443)
Since I started working in the city, I started seeing celebrities more frequently. I live in a prestigious city in my country with malls scattered around. Stars usually have mall tours and concerts. Most are free so me and my friends can just hang-out on the mall. We would just eat while watching a celebrity perform on the mall stage. Some celebrities in my country I have seen so far are Gary V., Regine Velasques, Jay R., etc. Recently I won a ticket from the website of a young singer in the Philippines. They made a phone call and I claimed the ticket I won. I made friends with him and his family. Now I can see him perform in live every time I was invited in his home. He is really my idol. He has such a great voice and it is him that made me appreciate music more. Almost every song that he sings become my favorite.
@winterose (39922)
sounds absolutely wonderful
@wrangel15 (1443)
Thanks for the best response :) In my comment I'm talking about Pocholo Bismonte. You may want to watch him as he performed with his group Sugarpop at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHaKO1U8Xq8. The video was two years ago. His voice has changed already because of puberty but still sounds really great when I visited his home. Happy viewing...
@winterose (39922)
thank you
@ElicBxn (60762)
waaaaay back in the 1980's we discovered that "Scotty" from Star Trek was coming to town and we went - enjoyed the show, but after seeing him a couple more times, discovered it was pretty much always the same show - still, he did add new material when he got it.
@winterose (39922)
that must have been something I would have loved to have met scotty
@ElicBxn (60762)
we never got to sit down and talk to him like we did Tom Baker and Colin Baker from Doctor Who
@Lakota12 (42684)
have net several singers. adn rodeo star. Shook hands with our mayor thats about it lol
@winterose (39922)
well that is good too
@Lakota12 (42684)
thanks!
@dawnald (84131)
• Shingle Springs, California
I've met quite a few celebrities, mostly either Star Trek or figure skating related. My husband has met quite a few more when he worked at LA Airport and CBS Studios.
@winterose (39922)
excellent, I sat at the next table from a local anchorwoman but I didn't like her anyhow lol
@ladym33 (11008)
I have met Otis Wilson, and actually talked him several times, he was my ex-bosses friend. He was a football and played for the Bears, and helped the team to win the Super Bowl. I saw Mary Lou Henner live when she did her talk show. She was close enough to touch, but she did not interact with the audience at all when they went to commercial. I have seen Bill Murray a couple of times at Cubs games, and my husband sat down and played Black Jack with James Woods in Las Vegas. There have a been a few celebrities that came to our town, which is remarkable since I live in a small suburb, Kathy Griffin was here, and Paula Poundstone, but I was not able to go to either of those shows. Oh yeah, I almost forgot I got to meet Jack from all my children, and I also got to meet the guy who used to play Noah on All My Children. I have pictures somewhere. If I find them I will see if I can scan them and post them.
@winterose (39922)
wow that is wonderful being able to play with the stars, I mean it not that stars are super special, it is the situation that is special, how many times do average people like us get anywhere near these people, that is what is special,
@worldwise1 (14888)
How exciting, winterose! This is not surprising since Canada has become quite a force in the movie and TV industries. Some great films and shows have originated there. Since we are in such close proximity it's nice to know that President Obama seeks to work closely with the Canadian government. I have never met a celebrity up-close-and-personal, only seen some in concert.
@winterose (39922)
Canada is the usa's number one trading partner, trillions and trillions of dollars cross the border each year in all kinds of products.
@raydene (9875)
Hello Hon Through the years I have met a few I once waited on Susan StJames I got a hug from Willie Nelson Brought a drink to Elvis in his dressing room in Vegas and.... xoxoxoxoxo
@winterose (39922)
that is cool raydene
@bunnybon7 (35525)
• Holiday, Florida
he was here in AZ last week. i usually dont go to such events because its so crowded you cant see anything anyway. plus one of my fears is crowds i would like to see him in person but not going to happen i guess.
@winterose (39922)
he had so many armoured cars etc, that I doubt if the public got to see him anyhow
@cher913 (25893)
hubby used to work in down town toronto, right off of yonge street and he once saw robin williams walking down yonge, shopping i am guessing. he was doing a comedy act somewhere and was taking in the sites. you see celebs all the time in downtown toronto.
@winterose (39922)
robin is one of my favorites, I would love to meet him too.
@CRIVAS (1820)
I can't say that I have met any celebrities and I'm not sure that I ever will. Most times when I hear that someone famous is coming to my town I just try to catch the new coverage later that night. I don't drive and I have two young daughters so draging them all over the place just in case I might get a glimpse of that person, just doesn't seem worth it to me.
@winterose (39922)
of course it is not easy when you have little kids to take everywhere with you.
@apples99 (6564)
No Iv never met a celebrity but my fathers a musician and he's met a few and also my mom and sister met one or two but I haven't yet.
@winterose (39922)
well your life isn't over yet, you might still meet a celebrity yet.
@suspenseful (40316)
I would not. Usually when I go somewhere, it is to do with our church or a school pageant and the celebrity just shows up. We had Fred Penner come to the Black Light Theater and sang a few of his songs. I also saw our local parliament representative a few times. I would not go someplace I seldom go just to see someone who happens to be of a certain ethnic group. Oh and I do not love Obama. I do not like anyone who wants America to pay for abortions over sees or wants to get rid of the conservative radio stations and I do not like someone who believes in embryonic stem cell research when it has been proved unsuccessful and adult stem cell research stem cell is sucessful. And I do not approve of anyone who has everyone thinking he is so wonderful and who blamed all the ills on the last president. As for the stiumulus bill, lower taxes is best, and put the blame on those who took out loans they could not afford to pay.
@winterose (39922)
well I love obama and it has nothing to do with is colour, america needed a change and he is going to provide it, he has a long hard road ahead of him to undo all the mistakes of the last president hopefully he can do it, if not isn't going to be because he didn't try.
I love Obama too, his speech is also so influential. I would like to go visit him if you came to my town. I don't care those celebrities I don't like. but for the ones I like, I do like to see in person. So far, I haven't met any celebrities.
@winterose (39922)
I would have loved to see obama as well. I admire him.