Have you done your taxes yet?

@savypat (20246)
I did mine and because I lost a hard drive, i had to start all over with the basic info. It's the first year I didn't do back up on disk, wouldn't you know it. I used turbo tax and it worked out ok, but I found the program a little hard to understand. I think they just rewrote it. Any way I get money back so it's over for another year. How are you doing yours?
@Nadinest1 (2040)
Hi. My husband has a full time job, we have a small business together and I work for the business....so, we have an accouintant do our taxes. Nadine
@savypat (20246)
Yes you need an expert when you have your own business. Thanks
@JenInTN (27565)
Hi savypat! I usually go to H&R block but this year when I went they wanted to charge $298. just to efile them! I said no thanks. I went to a CPA and paid $45 and am getting the same amount back. I wanted to have it done because I itemized this year and wanted too make sure it was right. I couldn't believe the Block wanted that much money to file them.
@savypat (20246)
I'm surprised at that, usually they are more reasonable. But that's the reason I got started working for them, I could no longer afford to pay someone to do mine and then I liked doing taxes so much i decided to get paid for it.
@deejean06 (1953)
That truly stinks that you lost your information. It's just much easier for me to drop everything off at the accountant's office. It's not very expensive and we always get our refund back quickly.
@savypat (20246)
Well H & R Block paid me to do taxes for others for 4 years so I really can't not do my own. Now that we don't have a business anymore it's really easy. Thanks
I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad hard drive. We do our taxes with HR Block and always pay the peace of mind feed. It just is easier for us to spend a little bit of our refund so we don't have to hassle with trying to understand it all. And because we file with the same office each year all of our documents are with one office if there is every an issue. Not that we dont' save copies, because I do, it's just nice to know.