Help with whites please!!

@mrsl2008 (635)
Hi, I need to get some white towels and clothes a refreshed look by trying to get them back to being white instead of the off white colour they go!! I have tried a couple of things but nothing seems to have worked. Have you any tried and tested methods that work? Please let me know x
I wash with clorox bleach for white clothes. Sometimes I don't want to use bleach so I will use lemon juice instead. I also use borax laundry booster in my wash. You can go to the store and find baking soda as well. I don't think you'll have any further issues whitening your wash.
@mrsl2008 (635)
I had never thought of baking soda for washing!!! I'm assuming use it on it's own instead of something else? Would you only use it with whites or colours aswell??
@fasttalker (2797)
When my whites get dingy looking, I usually wash them in Clorox bleach. I use it gnerously then run the laundry though an extra rinse cycle. It usually brightens them right up. Oxy clean is pretty good to brighten whites if you don't like using bleach too.
@mrsl2008 (635)
I have used Oxy clean but wasn't very impressed and I don't think we get clorox over here but will have a look as it was mentioned by someone else too x