what is this america??

@stacyv81 (5904)
What is going on? Another country bought budweiser, and now Hershey;s PA plant is moving to Mexico?? What is going on here, Will America eventually not produce anything? lol...ok that is a little dramatic, but seriously!
Yes, when you really look into it, it is shocking the number of items that are produced in other countries. Furthermore, I think it makes it especially difficult when "all-American" companies decide to go to another country. I think this is due to the fact that labor in other countries is very inexpensive. In the company's mind, the cheaper the labor, the more profit they make. We should also look at this from another standpoint. In this time in our country, we are facing tough economic circumstances, perhaps the companies are only exporting their business in order to keep the business alive. I guess there are several different sides to every story. I think this is a subject that is really hard pressing for our country during this time because so many people do not have employment. Perhaps if they kept the company here, people would be employed, make more money, and continue to spend it on their product.
@stacyv81 (5904)
yea but it seems to be a catch 22, ya know...they do it to stay alive, but without the AMerican economy (ie, people being able to afford their products) they would go wthout as well, so to me it makes more sense to give the jobs to Americans so they can afford to buy them, even if it takes a little while, do you know what I mean?
@stacyv81 (5904)
lol. I missed your last sentence I guess because I just realized I just said what you said..lol..sorry