How old were you, when you started having a credit card?

@n30wing (4771)
Well I was thinking to get a credit card. My friends was telling me why not get one, and you need it if their is an emergency. I know having a credit card at an early age given the right limits, and provided the person pay for his/her expenses, teaches the value of money and responsibility. A credit card is also convenience and safety. It is a solution to emergencies. It also limits possible actual cash theft, since you can easily have your card cut off. Worst come to worst if parents don't foot the bill a red mark will be permanently stamped in the history books. Do you think having a credit card is just fine guys? Have a nice day to all of you!
@CRSunrise (2964)
I think I might have been 18 when I got my first credit card. It doesn't seem like it's been only 10 years since then. It does teach the value of money and responsibility unless you don't treat it right. I'm in a position where I didn't treat it right. My husband and I are working on getting ourselves out of debt right now. It's just a little bit difficult right now since I'm the only one working right now.
@n30wing (4771)
Yes my friends tells me that once you have your credit card it teaches you the value of money and responsibility. Your lucky at 18 you already have one. Anyway once I have it I'll just use it for emergency purposes. Have a great day to you!
@bubbletush (1334)
i had my first credit card at age 23 and i still have that same credit card until now. i love to travel and go on vacation so it is very convenient for me to have a credit card when reserving airline tickets and hotels online. it is okay to have a credit card as long as you know how to wisely use your credit and use it only when needed and not just buy anything on impulse or else your debt will pile up.
@n30wing (4771)
Well my friends were telling me to get one. I'll just use it when in times of emergency. Anyway have a great day to you! Keep on smiling!
@Llonorra22 (1150)
I don't have any as of now. But my sister just got her credit card when she got her job.. Happy posting!!
@n30wing (4771)
Well I was just thinking to have one. For emergency usage only! Have a great day to you my friend! Keep on smiling!
@andy77e (5165)
I got a credit card way back when I was in school. Debt is never a good thing. The last thing you need in an emergency, is to owe tons of people money, and have people calling you on the phone threatening to take you to court, and take your stuff. I spent 10 years of my life, paying off credit cards. Today I have zero credit cards. I have thousands in the bank. If I have an emergency, I don't have credit cards, I have money. I'll never get a credit card again for the rest of my life. No exceptions.
@DoctorDidi (7030)
I am about 55 years old and I have opted for a credit card a few months ago for opening an account at paypal.
@sblossom (2170)
My first credit card was 5 year ago. It was suggested by a friend who worked in a bank. After this card I have had other cards too. I had a record of having 5 credit cards in same time. Main reason was I was attracted by the promotions from different banks. At last I found it made my life too complicated to hold so many cards. So I cancelled 3 cards later. This year I totally cancelled the last 2 cards after I settled down in the UK. I suppose I will apply a credit card of uk bank soon. I do think it’s useful, but I also agree sometimes it can cause you problem if you are not careful enough.