MyLot and Traffic...

@Jellen (1852)
Do you ever start a discussion question on MyLot in order to generate traffic for another site? And if you do, how successful has that been? Do you do it by giving lots of information and burying the fact that you are looking for traffic, or are you pretty much "in-your-face" that you are drumming up traffic or pitching a sale? How does it make you feel when MyLotters try to sell you something without earning your trust first, when they fail to give you some real information you can use, before just redirecting you to a money maker of theirs?
When I first started here I would post some item that I hoped would drive traffic elsewhere. But as I read other such posts I realized I did not like them by someone else, so I quit posting them myself.
@Jellen (1852)
Good answer. And how many links do you follow if they are posted anyway? I seldom do.