Where's your hometown and did you miss it while your away ?

@lusirafa (945)
After 3 years away from my hometown, recently, my husband work requires us to move in at my hometown. Boy, this is the the best arrangement job for us, since we're always looking for an opportunity to stay at my hometown. Don't call me selfish, as my husband also favor my hometown as second place for home (instead of his hometown), that because he's spending 4 years college in this city. My hometown is Yogyakarta, Indonesia. It's one of the foremost cultural and art center in Java. It's also famous as a center of Indonesian higher education. Those made Yogyakarta as a city where traditional and modern living mix together with harmonious relationship. There's many tourist attraction at my hometown ; like the exotic Prambanan temple (see my photos)with it's Ramayana's ballet, the Sultan's Palace, the cultural ceremonies, Malioboro street with it's bustling shopping activities, art and craft villages and it's gorgeous beaches. You can view it at my profile photo's :) But most of all, we always love the hospitality of Yogya. Native people of Yogya is very humble and friendly. And at last, we can stay in this wonderful city ^_^ If you have had a chance to made a vacation trip to Indonesia, I'd welcome you to visit Yogyakarta. How about you, where's your hometown ? Do you miss it while your away ? What's the special places at your hometown ? I'd love to read your sharing stories here :)
@silverjam (969)
Thanks for sharing the seemingly exotic place you have, am sure you and your husband are very happy by now since you both like the place where you are. And thanks for welcoming and inviting everyone to your place. As for me I really miss my hometown too. I came from Davao, the most famous city in the southern part of the Philippines. It's known for it's cleanliness and peacefulness. There are also a lot of beautiful scenic spots where most tourists want to spend their time for visiting; in fact it was once voted as oneod the most liveable city in the world. Davao is famous for it's very delicious (and one of the most expensive) fruit called Durian; in fact people cannot be considered having been visited Davao w/o tasting and bringing Durian w/ them as souvenirs. Now that am here in the USA the only thing I am having contact w/ to my place is through the The Filipino Channel (TFC. It is where we Filipinos abroad watch the news and happenings of the Philippines and am also watching the local news from my hometown. Am very glad I have this medium here; I still feel-at-home.
@lusirafa (945)
Hi Silverjam, I'm also familiar with Durian, that fruit also famous in my country ^_^ From the words you say, I think Davao is also an interesting place to visit. I'd like to visit it someday, if I'd have a chance :) I hope you enjoy where your stay right now, happy mylotting !
Hi Lusirafa, thank you for rating me BEST RESPONSE. Happy mylotting and more power!
@lusirafa (945)
Your welcome Dear Friend :)
Jogja..What an exotic city and how i miss it..I love everything about jogja.So fabulous.Jogja never ending asia,isn't it?
@lusirafa (945)
Hi Xiaoling, I see that you come from Karanganyar, that's close with Jogja. Have you ever been stayed in my home town for a long time ? Yeah the Sultan of Jogja currently brands the city with "Never ending Asia", as it too many fascinating stories about Jogja as a part of Asian city.
Philippines is my hometown,.and I've been away for just three months and I really miss everything.I miss my friends and my old. . happy and simple life. I was sent here in Kuala Lumpur for an IT work. Sometimes I wonder, what if I did not accept the offer . . will I still be the simple me.. or the grown up on I have now?.hehe
@lusirafa (945)
I know how you feel Shalybhe, It's feel so good when we came to our hometown after long time away from it. Just don't regret your decision, shape your future from when you start right now. I hope you'd have the chance to visit your hometown soon :)